Chapter 16

HARRY'S POV

"Where are we going?"she asked as we drove through the city.

"I don't want to tell you, but let's say we have two hours ahead of us." I planned out a little sentimental thing for us tonight.

"You make me nervous." She said in a love voice. I grabbed her hand and rubbed circles on her thumb.

"Don't be. Trust me." I told her, and she smiled radiantly.

We said listening to the radio and making small talk for the entire drive. Until we were two minutes away.

"Wait, are we-" She started to ask but I interrupted.

"The place where we had our first adventure, yes. Come on now." I parked the car on the side of the road, and grabbed the bag in the backseat. "So due to this being all road, we have to walk down here so we can sit in the grass. Don't worry, I brought a blanket." We walked down to the grass field, and I layed down the blanket, while taking out the champagne and battery operated candles.

"This is so special. Harry it's perfect." She chirped as we sat down.

"Would you like some champagne?" I asked her and she smiled and nodded.

"How did you think of this? It's all perfect." She asked and I laid down to look up at the stars.

"Niall told me it as a joke, and then I thought about turning it into an actual idea." I said as she sipped the champagne.

"Well, this is beautiful." She laid down too, and looked up at the stars. "Woah the stars are so prominent and bright tonight." We sat looking at the stars.

"Harry?" She asked and I hummed in response. "I like hanging out with you a lot. I don't know why, but I trust you so much, and I'm really glad I met you." My heart started to beat fast, I really liked her, but I don't want to ruin anything. We just met, but I felt safe, and I don't want to ruin this friendship and move too fast. 

"I'm so glad I met you too." I reached over and brushed my hand against hers. I waited for her to grab mine, I didn't want to push her. I saw her eyes look down at my hand, which was resting with our pinkies touching. She moved her hand a little closer, so now our hands were awkwardly overlapping.

"Is um- is this okay?" She asked and I smiled to myself. She was a very nervous person, it was obvious. In a weird way, I thought it was cute.

"It's perfectly fine with me." I looked at her and smiled, she did the same as she slowly interlocked our hands. It was a simple gesture, but one that made my chest feel warm. "What's your biggest fear?" I asked her.

She huffed and took a minute before answering. "I have so many, but oddly enough, dying doesn't scare me." She said which shocked me. She seemed like the type of person to be completely terrified of death. "I think regret is my biggest fear. I never want to live my life with that feeling, hence why I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone lately." She continued gazing at the sky. "When I was with Conner, he was super possessive, so he limited a lot of what I did. I always was small when I was around him, and I hated how I was. I lived the time with him with regret. That was when I started to discover how scared I was of that feeling." She opened up to me, which took me by surprise. She liked to talk and make conversation, but she always seemed uncomfortable talking about personal stuff. "Shit i'm sorry. I never do that." even under the moonlight, you could see her cheeks redden. She was embarrassed about opening up. That didn't sit right with me. She obviously had something holding her back from feeling vulnerable.

"No, I like when you are open and are honest. You don't have to be embarrassed about talking freely." I said while trying to reassure her.

"What's something you want to accomplish?" She asked me deflecting the question.