Cleaning Buddies

Odalia sighed heavily as she made it down long, sun lit halls of Hexside, knowing she would have to spend her free time after school with the annoying, young witch Edalyn Clawthorne, rather than studying...

The thought of the younger witch made Odalia want to scowl in disgust and look away with her nose stuck up and scrunched. Edalyn. Such a stupid name too...

The more young Odalia's boots clacked against the tiles in Hexside, the more quickly she picked up her pace towards the history room where the younger witch Edalyn, who could possibly be making more trouble for Odalia would be.

Messing up the desks by drawing on top of them, stealing test answers from the teachers desk, maybe even creating an abomination in attempts to have it start cleaning up the room for her, which could only fail horribly.

"Oh goodness no..." Young Odalia bit her tongue at the thoughts of everything that could go wrong in the short period of time. Leaving such a delinquent alone like that caused her to start running towards the history room door once it came in sight.

Odalia slammed the door open quickly with such force it made a loud noise the echoed through the history room and hallways.

"CLAWTHORNE STOP WHAT YOUR DOING RIGHT NOW!"

The rush of a adrenaline slowly went down as Odalia's eyes laid upon a girl with big fluffy, curly red hair. Light green eyes and round glasses...though, they were messed up because the girl who was once standing, had fallen from Odalia's little jump scare.

"Lilith..."

"Y-you scared me!"

There was a moment of silence between the two girls as they stared at each other, daring one another to break the silence until one of them broke.

"Where is your sister...?" Odalia glared at the girl who was slowly getting up off the ground and dusting off her school uniform.

"Edalyn...right she's uh- at home."

"What!? She's suppose to be helping me clean-"

The other witched sighed and smiled softly at Odalia. "I said I'd cover for her but, she never mentioned I'd have someone helping me..."

The smile quickly turned to a frown. "Y-you will be helping me, right?"

Odalia huffed, staring at the witch named Lilith. She was...annoying, yes. Though, she wasn't as bad as Edalyn, her younger sister.

Lilith and Odalia knew each other quite well. But, not in a friendship way. Not even close. Their relationship was more...difficult than anything.

Pouring the leftovers from lunch onto the other witches head, shoving her down in the hallway, or just plain insults whenever Odalia passed Lilith...they were far from friendship.

Both Lilith and Odalia knew where they stood in the school's hierarchy. Odalia was at the top, hanging out with the big cats, and Lilith was at the bottom of the barrel with the rest of the tiny mice.

That must've been why Lilith was shaking from the sight of Odalia with an annoyed look plastered across her face.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

"I'm...sorry." Lilith looked down as if it was her fault. Odalia would be lying if she felt even a little remorse towards Lilith.