Chapter 1

I walked around the Barsburg Military Academy looking for my twin brother, Teito Klein, “Azura!” I turned around to see Teito running to me “Teito I was just looking for you, we need to go to the arena” I grabbed my brothers hand and led him to the arena where all the graduating students gathered “team 1!” I ran to the front to be with my team as the big metal door open “you have to kill the troll and you pass now please step in.” I followed my team into the big dome as the big metal door closed behind us. “Why don’t you go first slave” one of the boys pushed me toward the troll as the other laughed “I’ll show you, Conatus!” I ran at the troll and jumped over it using my Zaiphon to kill the troll in one single blow, the troll fell forward when I landed on the ground and turned around to see The Black Hawks watching me. I walked out of the big dome as Teito ran up and hugged me “that was great Azura!” I smiled up at Teito as the headmaster walked over to us with The Black Hawks behind him “Azura Klein I need to have a word with you.” I looked up at Teito as he nodded for me to go, I slowly walked over to the headmaster as I looked down at the ground “now seeing your performance on the exam Ayanami and I have decided you will be a Black Hawk member from this moment on.” I looked up at the headmaster “what about Teito? I can’t be a Black Hawk without him.” I looked at Ayanami as he stared at me with an emotionless face “Azura, Teito will become a soldier like he wanted to. You remember when you came here how your brother begged for you not to be put in school because he didn’t want you a soldier?” I nodded knowing he wasn’t done talking “well if you join the Black Hawks then you make your brother extremely happy because you won’t be a soldier.” I thought about what the headmaster said then decided to join the Black Hawks “ok I will join but only for Teito.” The headmaster smiled at me as I looked at Ayanami who had a small smile on his face “good now go with Ayanami” I nodded as the headmaster walked off. “Um…. Hi.” I looked up at Ayanami as he stared down at me; I grew nervous as he just kept staring at me “aaww she is so cute!” I jumped back as this tall guy with sunglasses on pulled me close to him “I could just crush her” I started struggling as he squeezed me tighter “I… can’t…. breath” the man dropped me “sorry, and by the way my name is Hyuuga, and your name is?” I looked up at Hyuuga “Azura Klein” Hyuuga laughed as Ayanami kept staring at me “let’s go and get Azura a uniform” Ayanami walked off as the Black Hawks followed him “stick close to me Azura if you want to survive” I looked up at Hyuuga who winked at me “ok.”

          I looked down at the uniform I wore “it’s to big” I looked up at Ayanami who was glaring at me “you’ll grow” with that said Ayanami turned around and walked off as I followed him out of the room where the rest of the Black Hawks waited “aw she looks even cuter with the over sized uniform on” I tensed up as Hyuuga hugged me again “can’t… breath” Hyuuga released me as I started coughing “Aya-tan doesn’t she look cute?” I looked up at Ayanami who was AGAIN staring at me “yes” I look at Ayanami surprised so does the rest of the Black Hawks, Ayanami walks off towards his ship as we all scurry after him “I can’t believe Aya-tan agreed with me” I look at Hyuuga “well you did ask him for his opinion” Hyuuga walked fast to walk next Ayanami and started whispering to him “Ayanami-sama!” we all stop as a soldier ran up to Ayanami “the council wants to talk to you before you leave.” I wait while Ayanami nods and turns around and walks off in the opposite direction.

          “Ah Azura, how are you getting along with the Black Hawks?” I smile at the headmaster “great headmaster I really like being a Black Hawk” the headmaster smiles at me as he continue walking and sits at the head of the table “now that we are all here, we can begin.” I stood there as the council men talked, until they all got up to leave, “Ayanami I would like to speak to with you alone.” Ayanami walked into the headmaster’s office as I sat on the floor, “I can assure you headmaster, I can handle her.” I looked up as I heard Ayanami’s voice “what do you think he means by that Hyuuga?” Hyuuga shrugged as Ayanami came out of the headmaster’s office, Ayanami looked at me then motioned for me to follow him.

          Ayanami walked fast down the hallway and then turned sharply into a room filled with weapons, I looked around as Ayanami handed me a sword “these are yours; Hyuuga will show you how to use it.” I studied the sword as Hyuuga walked up “Aya-tan we should leave now before anyone can interrupt us.” Ayanami nodded and walked off as I rushed to catch up “try to keep up Azura” I nodded as I grabbed Hyuuga’s hand “you can just drag me along” I smiled up at him as he smiled back at me “if you wanted to hold my hand you could’ve just asked” I giggled as Ayanami glared at us “stop acting like a bunch of little children” I looked down at the ground “sorry Ayanami”