Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Just The Beginning

     Hotch slowly closed his cell, shutting his eyes as dizziness fell over him. He stumbled back a bit and everybody rushed out of their chairs to help him. Two-hundred and seventy-three.

"Aaron!" Rossi called out, grabbing his shoulders to keep him steady, "What's wrong?"

The three of them helped Hotch into his seat, crowding around him. He opened his eyes, blinking a few times to clear his vision. Penelope had rushed to grab him a styrofoam cup of water and returned quickly. He took a few sips before speaking.

"Emily told Morgan that there are two-hundred and seventy-three unsubs."

Garcia and JJ put a hand over their mouths in unison, eyes shining with tears. Even Rossi appeared distraught, unable to hide his emotions this time.

"Two-hundred and seventy-three?" Garcia whispered.

"How is that-" JJ began tripping over her words, "Why would-..." She sharply sighed, "I can't believe Spence and Emily had to go through that."

"We're going to get every last one of them," Rossi stated.

"She recognizes the two men in the photos, though. Garcia, I need you to send the factory and home addresses to our phones." Hotch ordered. "Rossi and I will take Owens and Morgan and JJ will take Baker. If we get them, it'll get us one step closer to the other two-hundred and seventy-one."

Garcia rushed down the halls, heels clicking with each step that echoed throughout the quiet halls. She opened the door to Reid's room and found Morgan sitting by Emily, a finger against her skin. Reid had woken up, but he kept his eyes closed due to a stress headache.

"Hotch needs you." She announced quietly.

Morgan nodded, turning to Emily, "I'll be back."

Garcia and him traded places - her with Emily and Reid and him jogging through the hallway and running into JJ. She gave him his ear-piece as she put hers in.

"We're going to get Baker." She stated.

"Good," Morgan mumbled.

As the team made it to their SUVs, they quickly put their vests and gear on and hurried out of the hospital parking lot.

"Are they getting them?" Emily asked quietly.

Penelope nodded, "Yes, sugar."

She let out a small, relieved sigh. She wished they were all gone, but she knew putting those two away was just the start. She convinced herself she would never have to see them again - and thankfully so. She saw the faces of Owens and Baker - along with another unnamed man - nearly twenty-four seven. They laughed while she cried. The thought of their faces sent a chill down her spine and formed tears.

"Emily," Spencer suddenly whined, shutting his eyes tightly and pressing his lips together.

"What?" She asked, leaning closer to him. It was an unconscious habit.

"It hurts." He breathed out, crinkling his bruised nose.

"Oh, my sweet boy genius." Penelope got up from her chair and proceeded to the other side of the bed to Spencer.