Chapter 6

The smell of floral perfume overwhelmed Lucy's senses as she stood in Juvia's room. Pale blues begot the walls and bedding, bright white furniture shoved against every corner. Stuffed bears and oversized pillows decorated her bed.

The small, dimly lit dressing room burst into a roar of laughter and giggles. Lucy had snuck Natsu into Juvia's room where several of the girls had gathered. He was entertaining them with card tricks and stories of his various mishaps.

"Seriously Natsu?" Cana asked with a note of sarcasm, "How could you possibly be mistaken for a magician?"

"Well," he said slowly, scratching his head and smiling. "My friend's daughter called me a magician and asked me to do magick for her and her friends. It was her birthday party, I couldn't really say no." He laughed sheepishly.

"Did you really light the cake on fire?" Juvia said, her hands covering her mouth in disbelief.

Nastu rolled his fingers through his hair, a bashful look on his face. "Sometimes my tricks go wrong," he grinned.

"Do the card trick again," Cana said, "I bet I can figure it out."

There was more laughter as Natsu began shuffling the cards.

Lucy watched him smiling. She leaned her weight against the closet door while Natsu sat on the floor surrounded by the harem of gorgeous girls in blatantly suggestive booty shorts and too-small tanks. His gaze never wavered from their eyes when they spoke.

Ivan had given her strict instructions to keep Natsu in her dressing room. He didn't want the guy "lurking around" the club or eyeing the rest of Ivan's "merchandise".

Lucy usually played by Ivan's rules. But the girls wanted to meet Natsu. He'd been visiting Lucy every night for almost two weeks. How could they not be interested to see what he was all about?

She had already introduced him to Juvia. The girl had nervously agreed to host the impromptu party in her room. Cana brought as many of the girls with her as could fit and, of course, plenty of booze.

Ivan was out on business so Lucy figured, what the hell.

It was refreshing to be around the other girls. Natsu was a hit. Easy-going and carefree, with a mischievous sense of humor, he was easy to get along with. The girls were instant fans.

Lucy watched him flash her a goofy grin from across the room as Cana explained what she thought Natsu's trick was.

There was a knock at the door that made Lucy jump.

Juvia's eyes went wide, instantly fearful.

"Juvia?" Ivan's voice called through the door.

Cana jumped up, suddenly sober.

"If he catches either of you in here right now he's gunna loose his shit," she hissed in alarm.

"The closet," Juvia whispered nervously.

Cana grabbed Natsu by the collar of his shirt and pulled him toward Lucy.

"In!" Cana snapped in a rough whisper.

Before Lucy could protest Cana had strong armed the two of them into the small space. The sound of Ivan's gruff voice called out again as the closet door swung shut.