CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"

♬ You're just too good to be trueCan't take my eyes offa you ♬

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes offa you ♬

- "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," Frankie Valli

4th of March 1978
Jeons' Chateau

Something has gotten into Jeongguk that he's gripping his pen right now and he, at last, writing something on his journal. The plot that has been all over his head is finally having its first chapter. You know, he has brilliant ideas in his mind but he didn't know how to put them into words. But one thing is for sure, he absolutely is passionate about writing.

When he was in high school, his professor had given them a task to write a short story about unrequited love. He wrote such a masterpiece that their teacher himself started tearing up. They eventually let him participate in a competition, and of course, he had won first place.

He was in a very deep concentration of playing with words when he heard a knock. As a response, he shouted, "Come in, the door is not locked." After that, he heard footsteps approaching his way.

He is outside, on their terrace where he can see a scenery that can awestruck people who have seen it the first time. The cool breeze brought pure sereneness in him that he is even more motivated to go on with what he is doing.

"Young Master, your father is waiting downstairs for breakfast," their butler announced. He then stopped writing to face the person. "I will be downstairs in a minute," he said and the butler nodded. He bowed when Jeongguk turned his back, continuing his work, and then went down.

Since food will give him more ideas coming into his head, he started closing his journal and garnering up his things and organizing them properly and brought them to the table inside his room. After that, he went inside the bathroom to wash, because ever since he woke up, he already went outside for fresh air and to write the overflowing ideas he had.

After cleaning himself, he finally waltzed outside his room and took each step in the stairs lightly, as if he was in a film or something. He arrived in the dining area and the first person he saw was his father who sat alone on the table while the maids are all over the place serving the food.