CHAPTER 6

BEGINNING

SUNGHOON's POV

It's been a month now since the new semester started. I've got more assignments. Last week, I got a group assignment to do an observation for about a month and the group was picked randomly. Somehow, I got y/n as my pair and for the last few days, we often meet at a cafe near campus to do our assignment.

Y/n just arrived at the cafe when I was at our usual seat, "Ouwh you're here"

I replied shortly "As you can see, yes"

"Let's get started then"

"Hm~"

We started making our outline in silence. I think she felt a Lil' awkward so she tried starting a convo.

"Sunghoonn, can I call you hoonie?"

I wasn't sure with what I heard and asked back, "What? What did you say?"

She turned her body facing me and asked again "Can I call you hoonie?"

"Nope"

She asked back "Why not?"

"That's a special nickname. Not everyone can use it"

"Ouwh, who calls you hoonie then?"

"That's none of your business"

She's still curious, "Aw c'mon who is it???"

"Hm"

"Fine, then I'll guess"

"..."

"It must've been Jake who called you hoonie. Am I right?"

"Hm"

"Don't just 'hm'. Give some intonation, so I know is it right or wrong"

"Hm~"

"Is this person ice? Why is he so cold" she mumbled, but I can still hear her tho.

I replied with a faint smile, "Huh, what did you just say?"

She replied stuttered, "Hu-Huh? What? I didn't say anything"

"Hm, okay then continue the assignment"

"Yea~"

Without realizing it, I smiled at her slightly cranky face. I realized and thought about what was really wrong with me. I immediately typed again to distract my mind. Finally, the outline of the report we were working on was finished and it was already 6 o'clock in the afternoon. We immediately cleaned up our things.

She suddenly asked while tidying up her stuff, "Hey, you're going back to the dormitory right?" 

"Hmm~"

"Hm, let's walk back together then"

I thought there's nothing wrong with going together and accepted her request. On our way back, we just stayed silent. Of course, y/n tried to start a conversation but as always it ended cause I replied shorty. Of course, she didn't give up and still try to talk about something.

She asked something else with her somehow sparkly eyes "oh yeah, can you accompany me to the minimarket please hoonie"

"First of all, I told you don't call me hoonie, second I am going there" I replied kinda long to her for the first time.

She replied while smiling ear to ear like an idiot, "Woah, you finally make a whole sentence. What are you gonna buy anyway?"

I replied shortly to avoid doing another argument with her"That's none of your business" 

"Damn, he replied shortly again," she mumbled which was heard again.

"Oi, I can hear what you're saying," I said 'cause this is not the first time I can hear her mumble. She just replied with chuckling while walking and hopping in tiny. She's so cute. Ei what am I thinking of?

We went into the minimarket that was across the boarding house and took the stuff we wanted to buy. We paid them and went outside. I just bought some stationery since I'm running out of 'em. I saw that she bought a lot of stuff and that it seems heavy. I took one of 'em by reflects and bring it for her.

"Just what did you buy? How come it's this much and this heavy." I asked while waiting for the pedestrian lights to turn green.

"I didn't ask you to bring it for me ya know." She answered while chuckling

I replied tartly, "Just say thanks when someone helped you okay, that's call manners." 

"There must be something you want. " She asked suspiciously

"C'mon, I helped her and she said I wanted something in return. Hm~ should I tease her?" I thought

"Hmm, let's just say this is so you don't call me hoonie anymore," I said with a low voice

"What? Can't hear you speak louder dude"

"Nothing... I helped you already, so can't you just say thanks."

"Anyway, the lights turn green already so let's cross over first." I continued so we went back faster.

I brought her groceries to rill the front of the girls boarding house and bid good night to her. After that, I went back to my room and started arranging the stuff I bought. Then, I heard a notification from my phone before I was done

Y/N

Y/N
Hooniee
Thanks for bringing my groceries
:D

Sunghoon
Ur well

The chat then ended. I prepared my stuff for tomorrow's class and went to bed

Y/N's POV

I was on my way to the cafeteria. Sunghoon was at our usual place already. I went there and sat across him. After that, I pull out the lunch box that I've prepared, and Sunghoon said that Jake won't be joining us since he's trying to approach a girl named Lia. Not long after that, I heard a notification from my phone

Ryu~

Ryu~
Y/N I'm sorry 
I don't think I can have lunch with you and the others today

Y/N
What happened?

Ryu~
I had a group work with Jungwon
The deadline's near
So we had to work on it today
I'm so sorry

Y/N
Ouwh that's finee

Ryu~
Okayy
Gotta go
See ya' later

I turned off my phone and told Sunghoon.

"Hoon, I think it's only going to be the three of us today."

"Why? What happened"

"Ryu just chatted me and said she had to do a group work."

"Oh"

I'm starting to get used to Sunghoon's cold attitude since yesterday and decided to end the conversation. I started to continue my lunch and not long after, Jay came and sat next to me.

Then he asked while sitting, "Why is it so quiet here? Where's the other two anyway?"

I replied before eating another mouthful of food, "Jake said he wanted to meet some girl and Ryujin said she has a group work" 

"Oouwhhh, okay" he replied with a low voice.

We continued eating in silence since the ones that are usually loud aren't here. When I was almost done, Sunghoon suddenly said something that neither I or Jay expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is for today's chapter, thank you for tuning in~

Hope you like the story^^ See you next week

- Author Asterheat