• 2 •

[Konohamaru and Hanabi- age 24,from now on]

Konohamaru POV

I was excitedly walking towards the hokage's office to see Moegi and ofcourse give Naruto-niichan a report of the mission, Boruto,Sarada and Mitsuki were happy as they got the mission completed successfully and were walking with me.

I opened the door and saw Moegi and some other guy with her much to my dismay.
"Naruto-ni- Hokage-sama the mission went perfectly well" I said as I slyly glanced at Moegi and that weird annoying dude.
"Very well then and how did you 3 feel about this mission" said Naruto-niichan and turned towards my best students(well, my only students)
"Whatever old man it was a piece of cake,dattebasa"
"It was a great experience hokage-sama" sarada said as she smacked boruto's head
Mitsuki just Sai-smiled(A/N the word i use when someone smiles like Sai 😅)
"That's great to hear dattebayo,alright you guys are dismissed but Konohamaru stay back" said niichan and glanced towards the weird guy flirting with Moegi

I dismissed and hugged the 3 and came back into the office.

No one's POV

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows as he saw the scroll in front of him. Panic and anger rushed through his veins as he remained seated. He got up and walked to Konohamaru and gave him a hug. Konohamaru being whipped for Naruto just blushed and asked "what's wrong nii-chan" dropping the formalities as it was only him,moegi and Naruto in the room

"You saw the guy who just left right?"asked Naruto
"Yeah why" said Konohamaru obviously noticed the guy moegi was talking to
"He is from the village of fire, and apparently he is the heir of the kingdom that rules the village and he had a deal with your grandfather" Naruto said looking down and slowly sitting on the hokage table
"What deal big brother?" Kono asked with eyes full of worry
Moegi went over and whispered to Naruto "do you want me to tell him?"
Naruto thought 'yeah it would be better if she does it given that they're teammates and way closer' so he nodded and patted kono's back as he left the office.

Moegi understood and motioned Konohamaru to sit. He felt happy and sat next to her. "So as hokage-sama was saying lord third had made deal with that heir's grandfather regarding the heir's parents marriage"
"Hmmm" said Konohamaru as he was listening
"That guy who came in is the only heir and his name is Mikoro, lord third had met his parents when he was on a journey around 20 years ago.

Mikoro's mom was froma very poor family whereas his dad was from the royal family,those 2 protected lord third when his own guards betrayed him due to Orochimaru, so he wanted to return the favor to them.

Mikoro's parents were in love even though they knew they couldn't legally get married so they asked your grandad to convince the royal family into letting them get married.

Ofcourse your grandad couldn't refuse so he spoke to Mikoro's grandparents and convinced them that Mikoro's mother was a good and healthy woman who would not negatively affect the royal family.

Mikoro's grandfather wasn't ready until Lord third proposed a deal- if Mikoro's mother directly or indirectly does something that would affect the royal family, he and his clan will be willing to take the consequences,that convinced Mikoro's grandfather and his parents' wedding happened"

"Ummm Moegi I don't really understand where you're getting at" mumbled Konohamaru as she hit him and said "wait idiot"
"ok sorry continue"
"so today the heir came and spoke to hokage-sama,
That his mother was missing after killing his father. This happened a month ago. Remember your grandfather had made a deal that he would be okay to take the consequences,now that he is not alive he wants you to take them"
"Me? What do they want me to do? Should I fight their entire kingdom? Should I fight the grandfather itself? Should I learn something from them-"
"shut up and listen Konohamaru! THEY WANT YOU TO GET AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE"
"Wait what?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? How is that even revenge, if thats what they're planning to take"
"Well you see,nobody does arranged marriages these days and that will only make you suffer if you get one,since your granddad forced a marriage in their family, they're doing the same to yours now."
"I'm so confused-" said Konohamaru as he hugged Moegi tightly,she returned the hug to her "brother-like" teammate even though she knew how he felt about her.
"So now what Moegi,what am I supposed to do?"
Just then Naruto came in and said "look Konohamaru I know this is all a lot to take but I'm sure you can split up after 2 years,because that's what the scroll says~minimum 2 years of marriage~and even faster if we find Mikoro's mom or her true intentions and surrender her to the royalty. Please think about it Konohamaru because they might become a threat if we decline the deal and just give the excuse of grandpa sarutobi being dead and saying that it won't concern us anymore"

Konohamaru stood up and left the building and told Naruto and Moegi to not follow.

As he was going to his house he saw Hanabi roll her eyes and scoff "oh another failed mission i guess, what a loser" as she twirled her kunai. He lost it and shouted "WHAT THE HELL BAKA CAN YOU NOT RESPECT OTHER'S EMOTIONS EVEN WHEN THEY'RE SAD" as he gripped her shoulders tightly
She was shocked and angry but couldn't care less to show it to him so she swatted his hands away and left to her house in a bad mood.

He ruffled through his hair and sat back on the couch and slowly fell asleep thinking about the marriage deal