Prologue

Dear reader,

I address you now not only as a writer, but as a battle-scarred warrior. Through these pages, you will learn my story. You will see the hand life has dealt me, and what it meant to grow up as a child prostitute. This is not about harming anyone's reputations, lives or any other aspect of life. This is simply about getting everything that is still haunting me to this day, out of my chest and put to better use than simply tormenting me. The names portrayed in this story are altered to protect the individuals they represent. For this same reason I will be using a pseudonym, when publishing this work.

The people, places and professionals mentioned within are all changed for the sake of security. This is due to once again me doing this to get everything out of my chest and into a venue I am comfortable in. So, I will leave it to your interpretation. Writing this has been the hardest thing I have ever done for reasons that will be obvious once you begin reading. Disclaimer: This book is not for the eyes of anyone below the age of 21. I am not responsible for the consequences of any unauthorized minors reading this. This book contains very serious and sensitive topics that may not be suitable for some audiences. It contains strong language, sex, rape, torture, multiple forms of abuse, gore, and other topics that may disturb some readers. You have been dutifully warned.

Now that we are clear, the purpose for writing this has already been explained. However, I also wish that by publishing this, I can help people going through similar situations overcome them. The last few chapters will be dedicated on helping those who may need it. It will tell you what I did, how I did it, why I did it and how it helped. Needless to say, it may or may not work for everyone. I do hope that it does help some people through their own hells and/or it helps them understand someone they may know is going through something like the situations portrayed within these pages.

Heed me when I say, if someone is going through something like this, they need and will appreciate any help you may offer. I will warn you that they may not show it, for fear of getting hurt or getting you involved. However, I guarantee you, within the confines of their heart, mind and soul they will be grateful for it. If this story helps you or anyone you know please share it with someone you think will benefit from it. I will let you keep reading now and hope you find it useful, in some way. Happy reading and may the gods and goddesses old and new guide and protect you and yours always.

Sincerely,

Shadow Rose