Suggestions and Farewells

When it comes to mental health, every case is different even if you both have the same conditions. Therefore, this recollection is simply what worked for me. Anyone who reads this will have to find their own ways through their issues. The following are some examples of what worked I did.

Therapy

The first step to a better mental health is the proper therapy. Every person needs a different type of therapy tailored to their needs and conditions. Perhaps the most important thing of being in therapy is consistency and perseverance. Things may get worst before they get better but they do get better if you keep at it. Every state and country has their own services but here in Kentucky I highly recommend:

CBH (Central of Behavioral Health) : Address: 851 S 4th St Louisville, KY 40203 Phone: (502) 792-7011 Fax: (502) 912-5836 Email: behavioralhealth@spalding.edu Hours: Mondays (closed), Tuesdays 10am-7pm, Wednesdays 10am-7pm, Thursdays 10am-7pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays (closed), and Sundays (closed)

KCC (Kentucky Counseling Center): Address: 4835 Poplar Level Rd #110 Louisville, KY 40213 Phone: (855) 591-0092 Fax: (502) 631-9660 Email: admin@kentuckycounselingcenter.com Hours: Mondays 8am-6pm, Tuesdays 8am-6pm, Wednesdays 8am-6pm, Thursdays 8am-6pm, Fridays 8am-6pm, Saturdays 8am-6pm and Sundays (closed)

Medication

Some mental health disorders and conditions may not be treatable with therapy alone and may need medication for proper treatment.Every state and country has their own services but here in Kentucky I highly recommend:

KCC (Kentucky Counseling Center): Address: 4835 Poplar Level Rd #110 Louisville, KY 40213 Phone: (855) 591-0092 Fax: (502) 631-9660 Email: admin@kentuckycounselingcenter.com Hours: Mondays 8am-6pm, Tuesdays 8am-6pm, Wednesdays 8am-6pm, Thursdays 8am-6pm, Fridays 8am-6pm, Saturdays 8am-6pm and Sundays (closed)

Mindfulness

Most mental health disorders and conditions may benefit from mindfulness exercises. Some of these being:

Meditation: this is the act of reflecting upon one's life, actions, and/or beliefs. This can be either in silence, with a mantra, or in writing.

Mindfulness Worksheets: These vary from provider to provider and but generally consist of a table which needs to be filled on a daily basis. These tables usually contain the following categories: describe ( a feeling, an action, and a thought).

Journaling: This can consist of a notebook or journal in which you keep track of your daily activities or those which you consider important to remember or work through in your next therapy session.

Bullet Journaling: This can consist of a notebook or journal in which you keep a To-Do List on a daily basis, or a goal tracker.

Arts: Another activity you can do is drawing, coloring, diamond painting, painting and other artsy activities.

Crafts: Another activity you can do is any of the many crafts found like polymer clay figurines, glass blowing, sewing, crocheting, knitting, wood-burning, model making and other crafty activities.

Music: Music has been proven to calm the mind or distract the senses. Choose your favorite music to sing along to or a calm relaxation playlist to meditate with.

Aromatherapy: This is the act of using candles, essential oils and other fragrance giving things to calm yourself and stay in the moment.

Reiki: Can be used to calm yourself, meditate, heal your spirit, redirect your energies to better or more needed areas and help others through hand gestures or crystals and gemstones. Reiki is better when done by a professional but can be practiced safely by novices if following instructions.

Hobbies: These can vary on what they can be. Some well known hobbies are hiking, collecting things, watching series, watching anime, reading a book or mangas, etc

Animals: Animals can help center you and relax you. You can often times find a place with therapy dogs or cats available for use or you can own one. In the case of you having one and not being able to afford the pet deposit your cat or dog may be registered as an emotional support animal in which case you and your pet are now automatically and immediately covered by the ADA (American Disability Act). This can waive the no pet clause in any home but you may still have to pay some fee.

These are just some things that can be done to increase ones mindfulness and keep yourself mentally healthy. Try them out or discuss them with your mental health provider in order to pick the most appropriate one for you.