Chapter 3

Shots of pleasure and panic shake through me as she kisses me. I kiss her back, cupping her cheek. Oh, god. How can I describe this? It's perfect. I take in her redolence, her lotion, perfume. Everything. Sophie's knees crash onto mine. I hold her up.

Have you ever felt the need to want something like- like a gift on your birthday? That is how I feel right now but one million times better. I have never wanted anyone this bad before. Never. Sophie slips her hand into my hair. I sense her hand going down my chest.

Okay, I need to ask. Is it possible to have your heart explode? For me... yes.

Heat rises from every inch of me. I can not control it any longer. I hear nothing but the sounds of her light breathing as we stand at Sophie's door frame, making out. It is like my hands have minds of their own as they slide down her waist. I make a deep sound of pleasure when Sophie parts her lips, forcing mine to part as well.

Sophie's emotions were always hard for me to read but this time... this time her emotions feel real. I mean they always do but... these are just more alive. Anxiety, passion...

Sophie's lips are like the summer rain, pouring over mine as if they have the power to take away and give life. I gently reach up to play with her hair. She lightly pulls away as if savoring the moment.

I blink at her, getting myself together. "You... you just kissed me," I whisper in astonishment.

"I... I did," Sophie agrees, her eyes boring into mine.

"But... why?"

Sophie steps away from me, biting her luscious lips. She crosses her arms, looking at the floor. "I don't know, Keefe. I'm not even... allowed to talk to you, much less, kiss you."

"Huh?" I breathe, tilting my head.

"Fitz told me not to. He said you are 'untrustworthy'."

Fitz. Of course.

My eyes narrow but I quickly soften my expression. "Oh. I-I... oh." I shake my head. "So what now?"

Sophie shakes her head, walking over to sit on her bed, motioning me to sit next to her and I do. "I... I've been... thinking?"

"Thinking," I repeat.

Sophie nods, looking at her hands. "Fitz... has been treating me like... weirdly. I don't like it. Restricting things and people. Like you," Sophie blinks hard.

My heart is in my throat. Sophie and Fitz's relationship wasn't always great. On and off. Off and on. But they make up the next day. Don't even ask me how they figured out Sophie being unmatchable. I don't know. "And you let that... happen?"

Sophie looks up at me. "Yes?" Sophie pauses to think. "No?"

I blink at her.

Sophie sighs, grabbing my hand. She entwines our fingers together. "Promise you won't make fun of me?"

"Why would I do that-"

"Promise."

I laugh a little. "I promise."

Sophie exhales sharply. "Okay, here goes nothing."

Just plain silence. The suspense is honestly killing me. "Sophie, I'm started to lose my p-"

"I like, like you," blurts Sophie. "As in love you."

Sophie sees the shock register on my face before I can hide it. A small smile plays on her lips, luxurious and warm.

"You... you do?"

Sophie's face goes nuclear. "Yeah. I'm sorry-."

A smile plasters on my lips, interrupting her. "No need to be sorry." I reach up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I love you."

Sophie smiles at me, scooting closer to rest her head on my chest. "Me too."

I grin as we sit in silence.

"Sophie! Dinner!" Edaline yells from downstairs. I'm surprised her voice reaches up to Sophie's room.

"Oh, I... guess I should go," Sophie says, getting up.

"Um, yeah," I say, also getting up.

I hesitate before pulling her into a kiss. Sophie gasps but kisses me back, passionately and smoothly. Tingles erupt on my lips as Sophie cups my cheek. We pull away and Sophie presses her forehead against mine. A smile plays my lips as I stare into her eyes. "You're so beautiful... in so many ways."

Sophie blushes. "You... you are too w-when you like... that smirk- muph!"

I press my lips to hers, interrupting. Third!

"I know..." I hesitate before saying, "Babe."

Um... babe!? What the hell, Keefe.

Sophie blushes even more. "I... I should go."

"After this..." I lean forward but Sophie beats me to it. She runs her fingers through my hair. Sophie smiles as an uncanny sound escapes our lips. I laugh and Sophie closes the little space between us. Okay, I have to admit, I'm addicted to kissing Sophie now. We pull away and I see Sophie's hair ruffled and her very little lipstick smeared. I reach up to fix it... well, trying.

Sophie's ears flush, and she rubs my lips with her finger which no doubt is covered with her lipstick.

"Soophieeee!" This time it's Grady.

"I guess, you should go," I murmur.

"Yeah."

I sink down to graze my lips against her neck. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She lets out a shuddering breath. "Hm."

I smile at her, not leaving her sumptuous eyes.

Sophie starts to walk away not dropping my hand or eyes. Before our hands separate, I bring Sophie's knuckles to my lips. Sophie blushes before walking out of her door, gliding her hand away from my lips.

When she's out of earshot, I pump my fist into the air. "YES!"

A/N I hope I got the kiss right. I've never kissed a guy before. I've kissed a girl before (I'm pan and bi), but I don't know if it's the same...