• Chapter 2 Our Precious Body And Self Love •

For our second weeks topic in teenfix Females we chose

OUR PRECIOUS BODY AND SELF LOVE

This topic is very important and everyone should know at least some tips for their own self care. We began the session with a Q&A

Q. What to do, I always get pimples? They leave a hole or a spot on my face. 

A. You can use Ayurvedic face cream to remove pimples and spots (I started using it a week ago the results are good)

Use Indian soil which is always used in parlors. It is called MULTANI MITTI - add milk, a spoon of rose water, a few drops of honey. And apply to your face three times a week. Your skin complexion grows healthier, pimples go away, spots will reduce and black heads will vanish.

Q. How to take care of our hands and legs?

A. Whenever you walk around use slippers. Don't walk on the cold floor, or else your skin on the feet will break. It will hurt like hell. And when you step on or stay in soapy water for a long time don't forget to wear slippers.

Q. My skin is breaking due to winter. What to do?

A. Use moisturiser or vaseline. If that is not available then use ghee on your skin before you go to sleep. But if you feel suffocated, apply it an hour before your bath. If you don't have ghee then use coconut oil.

Q. My skin is tanned. My body has dead skin. I have lots of things on my skin I want to remove.

A. Take half cup of coffee powder, a half spoon of vanilla essence, and half a cup of coconut oil. Mix it well and store it in a glass jar. Apply it before you go for a bath, it will remove your dead skin and your tanned skin; it makes your skin smooth, soft and supple. While bathing use body net or a brush to clean your skin. Don't forget to clean the area under your feet!

Q. My lips are chapped and have turned black. What to do?

A. Mix milk, sugar and honey together and apply it to your lips three times a week or use vaseline regularly. It will keep your lips soft and pink.

Q. I have dark circles. What to do?

A. Sleep for at least eight hours a day and don't use phone at least for an hour before you go to sleep. Cut pieces of cucumber from your fridge and add ice to them for about 10 minutes... then put the cucumber circles on your face and let them sit for at least 20 minutes... After that you will notice your dark circles clearing up.

Q. I have sinusitis and I get cough due to it. Because of this my voice also becomes raspy. What to do?

A. Do steaming daily. And if you get a cough it means the snot which has to kick out from your body is getting inside your body through your throat. It meant that it's collected in your lungs, which is harmful to our body.

Q. In what way it is harmful?

A. It will form a barrier to stop the air from entering your lungs and it will provide a small amount of oxygen to our lungs. Your lungs should stretch as much as possible, if they don't stretch it will harm you. And you will get tired easily due to this. So when you wake up every morning eat a small piece of ginger while your stomach is empty. It will clear your body, it will clear the snot barrier, it will produce more stomach acids and digest the undigested food in your stomach.

Q. Body hair? Should we shave it regularly or is it our choice?

A. We Indians don't have a habit of cleaning out body hair. You have to at least shave the hair under your armpits and in your bikini areas. This is not because of society's expectations or because body hair is ugly. No. You need to shave it regularly for your own personal hygiene.

Q. I am afraid of cutting myself with a razor so can I use other methods?

A. Many people use veet to remove hair in private parts but this is not safe. Veet or creams which remove hair contain some chemicals which can cause pelvic cancer. Pelvic cancer will forbids you from getting pregnant. It might not only ruin your chances of becoming a mother in the future but will also harm your body and health.

Q. But, I'm afraid of using razors. What to do? I used a razor but cut myself. What to do?

A. Oh dear, don't use razors the kind your father or brother use to shave their beards. Use female razors which can easily be bought online. [I use Venus Gillette for woman with aloe vera and lavender oil]

Q. I sit for more than 8 hours on my study table, my online classes are for 6 hours with only 5 minutes break between each class so I'm basically glued to my chair. But after that my whole energy is drained and I can't do anything else after that. How can I find time for my self care. After the online classes my will to do anything else just dies?

A. Better planning and time management is the key. A day has 24 hours. In that, 8 hours for sleep. 8 hours for your studies. And three hours for just eating food. What about another five hours? Use the time wisely. Your message shows you have an unplanned day. Plan it. Do it. You will see the best of yourself.

Q. Would anyone like to share their skincare routine?

A. About skin care. I use natural methods mostly.

Like Milk's fresh cream. If you apply it on your face it gives your face a glow.

Papaya pulp and tomato also moisturise and soften your skin

Paan's leaf. If you boil it and spray the water on your face it will also provide you glow and softness.

Q. I am a bit chubby and that creates a lot of health issues.

A. If you have breathing problems or you feel your body is a bit heavy... put some boiling hot water and get a towel... make sure the water is in a bowl, take the bowl of water and get some eucalyptus oil or leaves... and then add it to the water and put the steam on your face and and let the eucalyptus water soak into your lungs, you will feel a bit lighter.

After this we all shared our personal experiences about body shaming. We noticed that each and everyone one of us had been body shamed at least once in our lives. From our parents, family, friends to mere acquaintances, we have all heard derogatory remarks. Our height, complexion, weight, features surely make us up but they do not completely define us. Our personality and nature are of more importance. People will talk and give their opinions we cannot stop them but we can choose to ignore them. Our dms are always open so don't hesitate to message us if you need any help

- TEEN FIX