Shots & Who's in the Restroom?

I'm hating life right now as I find myself yet again at a useless party like this one. I know it's Gabrielle's birthday, I know she is my best friend, but it's really just not a place for me. As if it couldn't get any worse, I left my car at her place and now I'm stuck here. I might also add to the list that I decided to wear the most uncomfortable tight dress ever. It makes me feel like I'm about to die from the lack of oxygen my body is receiving. Above all, I hate the fact that I'm hating life itself right now and there's not a single thing I can do about it.

The place is full of drunk people everywhere, some old, some young, dancing in a way that they will probably regret by tomorrow. The flashing lights are giving me a headache and the loud music is not helping at all.

"Aren't you bored? You haven't moved from that seat all night. Come on, dance with me!" Bryan asks for what it feels like the hundredth time and once again I ignore him. We take ECON101 together and he is that dumbass that believes he knows every answer to every question in this world. His character repulses me and I swear every time I see him it just annoys my existence. He always acts like he is so unreachable at campus, and the alcohol has made him literally beg me to dance and that alone makes me wanna laugh but I am just not in the mood. Besides, dancing is not my thing, I feel stupid every time I even try to do it, so let's not start by trying today...

Geez, when did I become such a bitter soul?

I keep looking around, staring at people and their drunk actions. I see my friend Gabrielle dancing with her boyfriend Robert. Her hair is a mess and all the effort I put into doing her makeup goes down the toilet since it's all smeared up. I see a few faces I have seen around campus, being completely intoxicated by the high levels of ethanol they have consumed in the past few hours. Thank God Robert is controlling himself over drinking, he knows he's our driver back home, and I would drive back, but Lord knows he would never allow me to drive his BMW.

Did I mention that the music at the club irritates my hearing? Ugh. I feel like my head is about to explode and suddenly I think about the many times I have told Gaby that I'm not going to one of her parties but stupidly, I always end up here, like a complete idiot.

This has to change for the love of God. I have to learn how to say no sometimes.

Since I am bored of staring at the same drunk faces, I decide to look at my horribly done manicure when suddenly I feel someone approaching me. Just as I decide to look up, I see a splash of stinky liquid covering my whole dress and the ends of my hair.

Beer.

As if I couldn't hate life no more.

"Oh my God, I'm reeeaally sorry". A young man probably in his early twenties says in a deep voice. The way he's speaking clearly says he is drunk and I don't know if I should punch him or thank him for the perfect excuse to finally leave this place.

I stare into his maybe brown eyes and he tries to say something, but he is so drunk I believe he might throw up. Okay Julia, just ignore him and leave, take a big breath.

Just take a big breath...

I decide that the only right thing to do right now is to go to the restroom and see what I can do to save my dress. The fancy club is stupidly full of people and I say the words 'excuse me' like thirty times, not to mention the many times I step into someone's feet. I finally make my way to the restroom and I am quite impressed by how sophisticated this restroom looks. It's Gabrielle's party after all, and her parents are always so extra and bougie.

Large mirrors are covering the walls along with the most beautiful and vintage looking wallpaper. There is a glass chandelier and real towels rolled up like the ones at a hotel and there is also furniture inside that looks like a waiting area. This is too fancy. The whole place is too fancy, and that's exactly the reason I haven't even ordered a soda in case they charge me for even breathing their air.