Shots & Wishes

The city looks bigger than ever. I feel like there are sixteen lanes on the same road and even though it is almost midnight, there are so many cars driving down the highway. I have driven here just a few times, but I had never been more excited to be driving around Los Angeles. This time feels like I'm alive and young.

"Everytime I get excited, I also get spontaneous. So I might ask, what's a weird thing you weirdly like?" We stop at a red light and all I see are yellow and red reflexes lighting Harry's eyes. His eyelashes look so long and so curled that for a moment I want to take a picture and show him how beautiful he looks.

"Watches." He smiles and grabs the steering wheel.

"Watches? That's not weird!" I know I look like I am judging him but he just laughs.

"I never wear them, but I love them. I have so many but never wear them." I quickly look at his hands and see that he's only wearing rings, like six or seven of them. "And now you are looking at my hands." He laughs, being shy.

"I like your rings, they look cool with the tattoos and everything. You should try adding color to the nails" I say and look outside. There is a man beside us singing and dancing in his car and I just want to roll down the window and ask which song he's vibing too, because it sure must be a good tune.

"Really? Nail polish?" His voice is a bit surprised.

"It would look amazing! I have some back at home, you can try it if you want." I smile and he nods.

"I've only done it once, I was dared to. But I guess maybe we can try it?" Harry looks at his nails and then it hits me. I quickly get my purse and start looking inside the mess I have here.

Candy, gum, a bunch of bobby pins, tampons, and HERE IT IS!

"I love me so much!" I laugh and take the glittery nail polish bottle between my fingers.

"How do you even have nail polish in your bag?" He asks and boy I even have a razor here, please don't ask further questions.

"I went to Walgreens last night, they had a sale on these. Only two dollars, can you believe? These originally are sold for like 10 bucks!" Gosh I am so cheap I am embarrassed.

Harry looks at the nail polish bottle and smiles.

I don't even know if he likes it. It has a giant yellow circle sticker that reads "$2". I look at him and when I look at the bottle I just wish I bought a few more.

"Is there a Walgreens nearby?" I look everywhere and the traffic light changes to green.

"Why?" His eyes are focused on the wheels since everyone is starting to drive ahead at the same time.

"Let me treat you to a nice color. You didn't like this one did you?" I shake the nail polish bottle and see the small champagne glitters moving around. I really do love this shade.

"What? No, I didn't say that. Give me that." He takes the small bottle from my hands and looks at it. "Comet Closer?" He laughs reading the name of the shade. "It's pretty. But I don't know how to paint them myself." Harry says and five minutes later we pull over at a very spacious place that looks like a walking park.

"Do you have something to put underneath? I don't want to destroy your car." I look everywhere but this damn car is so clean and empty.

"If it spills it's a pretty color." Only rich people would say this, God.

"Let me just-" I stretch my sweatshirt since it's big enough and put it on the compartment between the seats. Harry laughs and places his right hand on top of it. I open the nail polish and gently swipe the brush to paint his nails.