[CH.7]

It was raining softly and steadily outside, the soothing sound of the rain calming down Taeyong's tired soul

It was raining softly and steadily outside, the soothing sound of the rain calming down Taeyong's tired soul. The poor omega was still walking along a very long and busy street, sometimes lingering past the shop windows to look at the flamboyant clothes and the very expensive yet exquisitely dainty jewelry.

The owners of the shop gave him friendly smiles, and the omega would feel bad for not being able to return his own, because the things that he's already gone through made him forget how to smile at someone.

Since it's still afternoon, it isn't that much of a problem yet that Taeyong was outside on his own. As a matter of fact, he felt a lot more relaxed especially that it was raining at the moment. The omega loved the rain, the way each raindrop cascaded from a gloomy yet beautiful sky and kissed his skin softly before wetting his face and hair.

Some people here in the city wondered why such a piece of art was wandering in a place like this alone with a packed suitcase that could've carried all of his sorrows and worries instead of his clothes. But then again, those people wouldn't really know what happened.

Taeyong stopped at a café on his way, because he was hungry. Since the weather was getting a bit cooler, the omega wanted to stay in a warm place for a little, so he thought ordering a snack and a cup of coffee wouldn't be that much of a horrible idea, right?

Entering the café with a bow, the omega was once again greeted by friendly smiles from the ones who worked there, and this time Taeyong fortunately managed to smile back at them.

Taeyong picked out a table for himself near the window that faced the busy street, although it was now a bit harder to stare from the outside due to the rain. But despite that, the omega still liked to watch the raindrops chase each other on the windows. That was a habit of him ever since he was a kid.

"What would you like to order, sir?" A soft voice made Taeyong snap out of his thoughts as he looked at the waiter who was giving him a very sweet smile. The omega could tell that the waiter wasn't fully Korean due to his pronunciation, but he still thought he's doing a very good job at it.

"Oh, I haven't looked at the menu yet, but do you have chocolate croissants?" Taeyong asked, the waiter nodding and noting the male's order down on a paper. "We do, Mr. Would you like to order other pastries or snacks, or would you like to have a drink instead?"

"No, the chocolate croissant is enough. I also would like to have a cup of cappuccino." Taeyong added, making the waiter write down the order once again on the paper.

"If you need anything else, sir you can just call me by my name." The waiter said in a gentle tone of his voice as he tapped his pen on the name tag that was on his apron. Dong Sicheng.