Bonus Chapter 1-Summer's Thoughts.

Hey guys! remember when Summer said his mother would hear about his thoughts and emotions? Well here they are! I hope you enjoy!

Summer's P.O.V-End of Junior year, 8 months with Taylor.

"Taylor, remember how I opened up to you about my emotions?" I ask him, while he's laying on my chest. We're in the middle of a field right now, one I found a couple miles from home, where you can see the stars at night. We're on the hood of his car, him lying on top of me, looking up at the beautiful starlight shining all over us.

"Yea, I do, what about it?" He asks and turns around to face me. I let out a deep sigh.

"How would you like to meet my mother?"

-----------------------------------------

Taylor's P.O.V

"Wait, seriously?" I ask, surprised that he wants me to meet his mother. After Joseph, he basically moved in with me, never letting me out of his sight, until he knew for sure what my decision was on Josephs trial. He never spoke of his mom, he never really wanted to talk about it, and I respect him for that. I'm glad he opens up more to his emotions, became more in tune with them, and learned from them, but he never spoke to his mother after he moved in.

"Yes, I have some things to say to her, and I don't think I can do it without you there, I want you there to ground me, after all, you're my one and only." He says and I laugh at the last part.

"Yes babe, I'll be there with you, only if you are 100 percent sure you want to do it and that you want me present, I know how touchy the subject with your mom is." I say and he shakes his head.

"Would I mention it if I wasn't ok with it?" He asks and I nod my head.

"So, when do I meet Melissa?"

-------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

Summer's P.O.V

"Melissa!" I call out once I make it to the living room, Taylor standing behind me.

"What do you want? I thought you would have left the moment- oh, who's that behind you?" She starts saying but stops the moment she sees Taylor.

"Melissa this is Taylor, my boyfriend. I wanted to let him meet you at least once, because now it's time I voice my thoughts, every single little fucking thing I have held in since the moment you abandoned me. Right when dad died you decided to leave me, you made me raise myself, a fucking 12 year old who needed his mother. You decided to bring random men home, even while I was there, before settling for your boss. You left me to fend for myself, my own identity, my own hate, my own torture, my own grief. Taylor here, in the 4 months we've been together, has been more of a help that you never were. He helped me realize who I am, he helped me learn to love, he helped me understand my emotions and not push them away, he taught me what it's like to care, trust, and be free." I say, clutching onto Taylor's hand like a lifeline, because that's what I needed at this moment, a safety net. I look at him, tears rolling down my eyes, not sad tears though, I didn't feel sad, I was happy he stood here with me, giving me his signature smile, to reassure me, make me feel ok.

"If you think I would be moved or touched or make me feel sorry for that speech of yours, then you are sadly mistaken." Melissa says and Taylor lets go and walks in front of me.

"Are you kidding me? He spilled all his emotions, everything, to you, trying to build a relationship with you, trying to get you to see his side of things, and that's what you say? That he's mistaken? I promised myself to try and understand you because of everything you two have gone through, I know grief changes people, but you are a sorry excuse of it. I get you think that you chose the best for you, but you should have thought of your son! If you can't handle the responsibility of a child, please use protection whenever you fuck around, I don't want to hear that Summer's half sibling deals with the same bullshit of a mother that you are and please, If you do bring a child into this world, let me know, I will gladly take him from you, I will file for adoption and full custody of that child, me and Summer, because they deserve a loving family, not what you are. So goodbye Melissa, it was not a pleasure to meet you." He says and I gasp. He was willing to adopt any child my mother has, care for it, so it wouldn't face what I did?