Chapter Twenty-One

Later that night

Kate had a flashlight in her hand when going into the kitchen for a glass of water. She didn't think she would see Miles who had his back turned to her.

"Miles why are you up so late?" She questions and walks closer to him. Right as she was about place her hand on his shoulder he moves away.

"Fuck off Kate I'm not in the mood," He replies. She scrunches her eyebrows together at his unusually deep voice.

It almost sounded demonic with how deep it was but brushed it off thinking he was trying to be intimidating. "Okay I'm just going to get a glass of water," She says and grabs a glass and fills it up with water.

She gulps down some and refills it before taking it with her back to her room. While walking she hears creaks of the floorboards as if someone is following her.

Quickly turning around she doesn't see anyone when she flashes the light behind her. Opening her door she gets in before closing the door behind her.

Placing the cup on the table beside the bed she lays down. She hears more creaks and hears a door shut a few doors down from her own.

She figures it must be Miles and turns to lay on her side. But suddenly she feels as if a hand is crawling on her body.

Dusting off whatever it was she doesn't think much of it and closes her eyes. She feels it again and sits at the edge of her bed.

Hunching her back she waits to see if it isn't her imagination. After a few seconds, she feels it again and goes to wipe it off her until it crawls faster on her body.

This causes her to start panicking and letting out small screams when she sees the rotted severed hand. She doesn't realize that there is another person in her room.

That person is grinning at her scared state, he finds it amusing at how easily she is to scare. Kate sighs out when she doesn't see the hand anymore after she threw it to the ground.

She yelps when she sees Miles standing with his arms crossed and a smirk present on his lips. "M-Miles it isn't polite to sneak up on people and especially this late at night," She scolds.

"I'm not Miles," He tauntingly says as he goes near and licks his lips. She couldn't say anything before she is being choked on the bed.

She claws at his hands that were tightly wrapped around her throat. She sees his face and her fear is visibly noticed when she looks into his red eyes.

Her vision starts to flicker as black dots dance across it. She blinks her eyes open willing to stay awake but fails miserably.

"Lights out," She hears before she passes out due to lack of oxygen.

_____

The next day

Gasping up Kate puts her hands to her throat and it feels normal. She rushes out of bed and goes to the mirror, she doesn't see any marks and grows confused.

She looks around her room to see it's morning and that it's time for her to start preparing breakfast. Walking into the bathroom she gets dressed and goes to the kitchen.

Quickly preparing the food she places them on the table and calls down the children for breakfast. Turning around she screams when she sees the two siblings sitting down in their seats.

Flora giggles, "We scared you, Kate." She says and high fives Miles.

He chuckles and puts his chin on his hand, "Bad dreams?" He says with a smirk.