I.

Don't go wasting your emotion

Lay all your love on me

His long hair scattered on the silk white bed sheets, making the perfect contrast between his dark blue hair and his delicious chocolate skin.
A faint blush could be seen on those cheeks and Heavens, if that was not a sight.

He knew for a fact his partner had love affairs here and there during his journey, and that thought always pierced his heart in a way that even the sharpest blade couldn't.

It made him ache inside, but he didn't dare to voice it out loud: everything that could please the man was his pleasure too.

He devoted his life to him and him alone, and knowing for a fact that despite having shared the body with others, the heart still was his was an honour he deeply cherished within. Now that they were reunited he sure would make up for all the time apart, and most of all, he would put all of his efforts in writing their story anew: with tangled limbs and gentle whispers, now that they were together only that mattered.

Only them. Nothing else. No one else.

Don't go sharing your devotion

Lay all your love on me

Kaeya knew he was lucky. Lucky, to have such a loyal companion at his side.

No matter the time apart, the distance, or whatever affair he had. It didn't matter if he didn't speak all the truth out loud, because he knew there was no need to.

He'd rather leave the blank in between the lines than fill them with lies, and that was another trait he loved about him. He felt safe, not only because he was strong and ready to risk it all, but because the silence was never uncomfortable, not necessarily a burden.

He knew he made mistakes at some point, alcohol was never a good companion but he never refused a glass of wine, even if it was just to bug Diluc around or to simply drown his sorrows, and when one thing lead to another it was too late, because he found himself in a bed that wasn't his with fingerprints that reminded him that while he was going down, someone else was waiting with his hand held out tight for him to reach.

But now none of that mattered, because they were reunited and didn't plan to leave each other's side. Never.

He was so glad that after all they went through his companion was still so loyal and devoted to him, it made him feel so powerful and for the first time, he felt loved.

And that feeling was something he was not used to, being loved for being himself was a thing he never dared to fantasize about.

Yet, here they are. Their bodies intertwined and their souls clicking and bringing them over the edge of something so beautiful, dangerous and amazing that it almost scared them both.

"Your Majesty,"

Dainsleif was humming a song that he could faintly remember.
He was cute, the way his usual stoic face flushed and bared all his deepest emotions to him, so clear and precious that made no comparison even with the most hidden treasure one could find.

His hands found their way to the milky skin on his back and gently massaged the large shoulders, with a sweet kiss on his forehead both felt their hearts ascend to Heavens and back, being reminded once again where their place in this world was: in each other's arms.

"Thank you, my love."

Dainsleif tilted his head upward, amused and surprised by such a lovely term coming out from his lover's lips; he was the type that after giving his all deserved to be treated better. And Kaeya was more than ready to comply with this important duty that no one else could do, and most important, that Dainsleif did not expect.

Kaeya chuckled, placing his dearest's face on his chest, lazily playing with his hair. His shocked face was just too adorable.

It was only after a long moment of silence, - and Dainsleif hand gently wandering over his naked chest- that Kaeya found the courage to open his mouth.

Fear was not a trait that belonged to him, but he was so unused to talk so intimately with someone that exposing his raw emotions never failed to make him anxious.

"Thank you."

Luckily Dainsleif sensed his lover's uneasiness and remained silent, patiently waiting for either him to continue or for those blessing words to linger in his heart forever.

"I'm glad to be with you again. I'm thankful for your loyalty, for your presence in my life, and for your love. You know I'm all sweet talk when it comes to teasing, but when it's the real deal I'd rather go silent and let the peace of my heart to sing what's deep inside my soul. You are also the only one whom I share the real me with, so I'm thankful for having you here."
Dainsleif gently purred in his chest, it was unintentional because there was no way such a man would be a cat boy all of a sudden, but the gesture alone eased Kaeya's inner turmoil, confirming once again how lucky he was to have him.

"All I wish for you is to be loved, cherished and treated how you deserve, Your Majesty. I'm honoured to have such a privilege, but my feelings for you are never prejudiced by loyalty: they're all true."

Kaeya's lips gently pressed against his.

"I know, now there's only one thing we should work on, my dear... And it's your vocabulary."

"And why would I learn the vulgar language of those whom you spend your time with? I personally think we should work on giving you back your proper manners, Your Majesty."

"Oh, dear Dainsleif that's not what I was talking about actually. It's just... I love when you call me that, but we're just one step away from getting married, shouldn't you call me with something more informal and affectionate?!"

"I'm sorry, but there is no way I would change the title whom I refer you to with- Wait, what marriage?"

And with that tongue slip and the silent promise of their future intertwined in front of the Heavens eyes, they both fell asleep to the suave rhythm of their heartbeats.