ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ ᴏғ ʟɪғᴇ

🎬 sᴄᴇɴᴇ 1:

Author's Narration:

The society of this world is quite categorical. The alphas. The betas. The omegas.

Other ranks were called an abomination.

Because if there was another unidentified sex/gender... it would create a chaos.

The alphas and the omegas... the only categories which were rare. Although treated differently, being an alpha meant the work would be easier. The betas were common citizens... the omegas?

The omegas, being the lowest rank ever... were as usual treated like garbage.

The omegas, for this purpose alone would commit suicide and the alpha, beta, omega cycle would disrupt, causing the alphas to go berserk.

ᴀʟᴘʜᴀs : ⁶ % ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.
ʙᴇᴛᴀs : ⁹⁰ % ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.
ᴏᴍᴇɢᴀs: ⁴ % ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.

For this alone purpose, omegas, once found were taken into a research facility, to make developmental suppressants and other medicines.

The sex/gender shows once they reach maturation. The period of maturation is different for everyone but it happens during 13 to 15 years of age.

That's when it becomes hell for omegas.

🎬 sᴄᴇɴᴇ 2:

The school was buzzing with life. Girls gossiping, boys showing off and teachers minding their own business.

It was just plain middle school view.

But this is not any ordinary day.

Because this is where it all began.

The sex/gender test.

Alphas... betas... omegas.

"Tae, yesterday you-"

"Yoongi, you know I had my basketball practice."

Taehyung huffed in annoyance making Yoongi shake a little.

"But you didn't call me back..."

Yoongi said in a soft voice.

"I'm sorry okay? But I didn't even check my phone and went to sleep early."

Taehyung skipped a few steps, leaving Yoongi behind.

Yoongi stopped in his tracks when he saw Taehyung's other friends come closer.

He watched from afar, seeing Taehyung drifting away from him.

His heart shivered and his eyes teared up.

"Do you really take me as a friend?"

Yoongi asked in his mind, seemingly getting angry at himself.

"Yoongi?"

The soft voice chimed behind his back making him turn around.

It was his naive and gullible friend, the most beautiful person he has ever met, Jimin.

"Jim? Why are you here?"

Yoongi looked at him and sighed.

"Did I forget my lunchbox again?"

To which Jimin nodded and giggled.

"How can you be so dumb and smart at the same time? Idiot."

Jimin giggled, getting few stares. Yoongi spotted it and pulled Jimin into his embrace.