Christmas and Memories ( Hanna and Caleb)

“Mommy, Mommy, Daddy, Daddy, wake up. Santa Came!” Hannah and Caleb’s five-year-old daughter squealed with delight while trying to shake them awake.

Hanna finally gave in and turned to her left side to face the little girl, “Good morning, Mommy, she said ever-so- sweetly.

“Good morning, Sweetheart,” Hannah smiled, sleepily. “Go back to bed, it’s only seven- thirty. Let Mommy and Daddy sleep ‘til eight, please?”

“But, Mommy, it’s Christmas,” the little girl started to whine. Hanna tried not to look into the girl’s eyes because if she did, she would certainly give in to her pride and joy’s pleas. But, it was too late; she already looked into the pretty blues.

Hannah groaned to herself and turned back over and shook Caleb to wake him up, which in return, he groaned also.

“Get up, it’s Christmas, and our little Miracle wants to see what Santa brought her,” Hanna whispered in his ear.

Caleb really didn’t want to get up, but he did for his little girl. “Come on, my little Miracle. Let’s go see what Santa brought you!” Caleb told her, trying to sound excited for her.

Hanna and Caleb watched Miracle walk happily into the hallway toward the living room. Her face fell and her blue eyes seemed to sparkle as she seen all of the things wrapped under the Christmas tree that was just for her.

Watching Miracle run up to the tree with her light brown hair bouncing as she went made Hannah over fill with more Joy.  She couldn’t believe she got to spend moments like these with her.

You see, the reason Hannah was thinking like this is because when Miracle was born, the doctors didn’t know if she was going to make it. That’s why they named her what they did.

Caleb came up behind Hanna, “Are you okay?” he kissed her cheek, handing her a cup of hot chocolate.

“Yes,” Hannah smiled. “I was just thinking.”

“What were you thinking about?” he asked as they sat down on their couch and continued to watch Miracle unwrap her gifts.

“I was thinking about the day we brought her home,” Hanna smiled at him again.

Caleb hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Miracle ran up to her parents with as many gifts as she could hold in her tiny little hands to show them what she got.  She got baby dolls, clothes, cartoon movies, and so much more.

“Merry Christmas, Mommy and Daddy,” she told them, handing them a toy.

“They laughed, “Merry Christmas, Miracle Rose Rivers they told her, poking her nose, making her giggle.