Apologies and I love you's (Aria and Ezra)

NOTE: This is an Aria and Ezra (One of my favorite couples on Pretty Little Lairs) One-shot based on the song How You Get The Girl by Taylor Swift. Any lyrics used in this one-shot belong to Taylor! Also let me know if you would want a part two to this one-shot!

Apologies and I love you's
Written: 6-10-17

"Aria, I'm going back to Nicole."
I stood in front of Ezra, stunned as he said those words, my heart being shattered.
"What-what do you mean you're going back to her?" I asked, trying to keep my tears from falling.
"Aria," he said as he went to grab my hands, but I pulled them away from his reach.
"Don't touch me!" I snapped at him.
"Okay." He held his hands up. "I'm so sorry, Aria, I really am. I just think I owe it to her to see if we can make things work between us."
"And what about us, huh, Ezra, I mean, for god sakes you just proposed to me not that long ago or do you not remember that?!" I shouted, taking the ring off my finger, showing it to him, no longer able to keep my tears at bay anymore.
"No, I haven't forgotten. I really did want to marry you, but that was until-"
"Until she reappeared - well, until you found her," I corrected myself.
"Yes, and I have you to thank for that."
If you hadn't told him he should go look for her then he wouldn't want to be with right now, my subconscious reminded me.
I hated to admit it, but this was my entire fault.
"Aria, I will be forever grateful for what you did.
"Just not grateful enough to stay with me," I said under my breath, but he heard me.
"Aria," he sighed. "I told you, I'm sorry-"
I know I heard you the first time, you're sorry, but owe this to her to see if you two can work out. Well, you know what? Go to her, be with her for however long you want to, but if you decide you want to come back to me I can't promise that I'll be here waiting." And my tears were falling again.
"Aria," he tried to say once again.
"Ezra, I told you, just-just g-go please? Haven't you broken my heart enough without saying anything else that's going to hurt me?"
This time, he got up, grabbed his bags and walked toward the door, his hand on the knob. He turned around to look at me with a sorrowful look in his eyes.
"Just go!" I screamed, my body shaking from my sobs.
As soon as the door clicked shut, I screamed again, throwing my ring at it, hearing the ring hit the door and fall to the floor.
How could he do this to me?
And that's how you lost the girl.
****
I was in the kitchen fixing myself a cup of hot chocolate because it was raining and I was cold, that's when I heard it, a knock at the door.
Who could that be? I thought as I sat the cup down on the coffee table and went answer it.
"Ezra," I said, surprised. He was the last person I expected to see, but here he was, standing in front of me, shaking from the rain. "What are you doing here?"
"C-c-can I come in?" he asked.
Even though I was still hurt by what he did I was also confused and curious as to why he was here, so I stepped aside to let him in.
I went to the bathroom and grabbed a towel so he could dry off a little bit.
"Here you go," I said, handing him the towel.
"Thank you," he told me as I waited for him to tell me why he was here after he broke my heart six months ago.
"I'm so sorry," he says, giving me almost the same look he did before, but instead of it being a sorrowful look it was an apologetic one.
I knew what he was sorry for but I wanted to hear him say it. "What are you sorry for?"
"I'm sorry for leaving you for Nicole. I thought I could make it work with her, but as cheesy as this may sound, every second, every minute of the day I was thinking about you, and I finally realized that I lost my mind when I left you. I mean, I'm a stupid jerk. How could I throw away everything we have? I'm so sorry for hurting you."
"So what are you saying?" I asked.
Again, I knew what he was saying, but I wanted him to say it.
"Aria Marie Montgomery, I want you for worse or for better, and if I have to I'll wait forever and ever, I broke your heart, I'll put it back together if you give me another chance? Also, I know this maybe a little too soon, but-"he stopped what he was saying and got down on one knee. "I want to know if you would become my wife again."
"I'm sorry Ezra, but I've already moved on." I watched his face turn from hopeful to sad in a matter of seconds.
"Oh," he said as he got up from the floor. "Well, I-I-guess-I-I-I'm going to go then."
Ezra, wait!" I called as he was about to open the door. "There is no one else I just said that because I'm still hurt.
"Aria, I promise I will never hurt you again, just give me the chance to prove it to you, I promise I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you," he said as he walked back over to me grabbing my hands in his.
I sighed and said, "Yes, I will marry you, but I have one condition."
And what's that?" he asked.
We have to have a long engagement."
"That's fine, I'll do whatever you want," he said, picking me up, spinning me around, and kissing me.
And that's how it works, that's how you got the girl.