Prologue: Only the Beginning

Introduction:

Thank you for reading, I'm Mallory yada yada if you want to know more about me, which I doubt, go to my profile and read 'About Me' or just skip that and read my book. THIS ISN'T ABOUT WHALES FOR THE LAST TIME. I know the title throws people off and if you keep reading you'll understand why I named it this. Thank you for your patience and go on and continue. ALSO BE A DOLL AND COMMENT ANY MISTAKES THANK YOU BABES OR SHALL I SAY WHALIES. No I won't say that, it weird and gross. ANYWAYS have fun, no hate, and trust in god.

*******************

Today was a great day. it was the last day of eighth grade, my class was going to six flags and I would spend the entire day with Joshua Mark. The guy of dreams, he was the hunk of the nerds, but was friends with everyone. I loved his green eyes, blond hair, and that killer smile. I know I'm young and I'm only thirteen but I was in love. This was my day to shine and I would make it count.

--

"Tori come here! We have to ride Mr. Freeze!" Josh yelled. He was running backwards facing me with that silly grin. It was just us two and we already rode half the baby rides at the park. Josh knew I was deathly afraid of roller coasters and the whole day he's been begging me to man up and ride one.

"No Josh do you see all those loops! I don't want the blood to go to my head and die." I replied skipping ahead to stand next to him. He stopped and grabbed my hand, I swear butterflies were erupting out of every hole in my body, gross picture I know.

"I Joshua Hamilton Mark, promise you Victoria Lea Hart to hold your hand the entire time and make sure that you don't die." He said, looking into my eyes. I closed my eyes, ugh he was perfect. I nodded in agreement and I could hear his scream of excitement, still holding onto my hand he ran into the line with me and I stumbled along trying to keep up.

The line was long, and the only think I could think about was that I was risking my life and defeating my fear with my best friend. I looked towards Josh and he just had this thin smile looking around him and searching the trees. His little wisps of hair were dancing in the really low breeze and he was still holding my hand even though it was sweaty. This day was turning out to be the best day in my life, until I heard that familiar voice. It was Reed Check. My bully.

He came to our school in the seventh grade, kids said he transferred because he stabbed a teacher, others say he murdered a guy for telling him a yo mama joke. Whatever the reason I knew this couldn't be good. Reed teased me constantly about being overweight, having flat hair, and the way that I walked. He was vicious with his thick brown hair and his devilish blue eyes. I could hear him hooting and hollering our way. This couldn't be good. He was going to ruin everything.

"Would you look here, our own whale is holding hands with our man Josh!" He bellowed with a laugh. His groupies who consisted of the cling on girls and his two friends Bud and Jewd. They were his awful sidekicks that did his dirty work.

"Hey man, what's chill?" Josh said, not even bothering to say anything about the whale comment. I didn't know better than to think more of it. Josh and Reed did the bro shake and continued on with the conversation.

"So little whale, are you glad that you're crush in holding those sausages of yours? I'm surprised you haven't eaten him yet." Reed whispered in my hair with a flick to my ponytail. I swatted him away and stood behind Josh as a shield.

"Leave me alone Reed." I quivered. He laughed and went to Josh instead.

"You've got a cling on man, she's holding you back from our crew, haven't you seen how obsessive she is. I swear she's in love with you bro. Get our while you can." He whispered to Josh. Josh looked back at me with an unfamiliar look. He seemed to be stressed. Next thing I knew Reed and his groupies were walking out of line and calling Josh to hang with them. I felt his sticky wet hand slip out of mine as he called wait up guys. I sat there alone, never accomplishing my fear, never holding hands with him again, and have the worst day of my life.

__________________________________________________________________