CHAPTER 23 | requests and discomfort

TIME SKIP: 50 YEARS

KILO'S POV

I grab my back as I feel the pain. Here it comes...again. How many times has this happened? I swallow a cry of pain as my back feels as if it is on fire. How long has it been? I have lost count of the years. I just know it has been a long time.

My face twists in pain as the climax happens. I cannot help but let out a ragged breath as the pain slowly resides. I lean my head against the cold, stone wall, my chest heaving as I catch my breath.

My thoughts trail to Castyr as they do most of the time. Is he alright? Where is he? What is he doing right now? A small smile comes to my face as I think about Castyr sleeping in his warm, soothing residence. I hope he is not working himself too much and is living a happy and peaceful life.

I shift uneasily against the wall. I slowly reach my hand to the center of the upper part of my back to find the cause of my discomfort. The chains on my wrist clink as I lift my arm. What is this? My eyes widen as I run my fingers over the bumps under my skin.

They are coming! Wait...so that means it has been...60 years! No, it can not have been more than 50. Are they coming early? I have heard about them coming early due to intense stress, and there has been no lack of that, so...I guess it is possible for my wings to come in early.

My head starts racing with the thoughts of escape I have been planning. I now have a glimpse of hope...If only my wings would hurry up...

The sounds of approaching footsteps interrupt my thoughts of escape. I place my hands by my side as the door to my cell is unlocked. What new hell do they have for me today? My face grows cold as I see my usual tormentor.

I scowl at him as he enters my cell. He looms over me and studies my expression.

"Don't worry. It's not me today. You've been requested for the night," he smirks.

My heart sinks as I hear this news. I shrink away instinctively as the commander of the prison enters. Two guards follow him inside the cell and grab my arms. They drag me out into the dark corridor and follow the man down the hallway. I am thrown on the ground as we enter the man's personal quarters.

What is it with these bastards getting a high from torturing someone?

I struggle against the guards as they drag me to the main room and chain me to the table. I would rather be electrocuted the entire night than be requested by this man. But the guards and officers are allowed to have their way with prisoners. Sweat breaks out on my temple as I hear the man approach. He stands next to the table and reaches for me. I shrink away as he wipes the sweat off my forehead.

"It's been a while, Kilo," he says creepily as he slides his nasty hands down me. "Strip him."

I yank on my chains as the demon goes to his wall and selects various devices. I watch with wide eyes as the man leans over me with a hot wrench, waiting for the guards to lift my shirt over my head. The pain in my back returns as my heart races from fear. I cannot go through this again. I will not!

A sudden rage enters me, and I let out a cry as my back burns. I can feel the skin rip open, but the pain is releasing. I let out a yell as black wings sprout from my bare back, and a blast of light explodes through the prison.

My body surges with energy and power I have never felt. Gasping from the relief of pain, I turn my head to the side. A black, feathered wing lies spread open on the table and cantilevers off the edge. After turning to look at the other wing, I look around the room. Both the man and his guards are gone. I guess they disintegrated. My chains have also vanished. I have heard an energy blast gets shot out of the angel when their wings come in, but I did not know it was this strong.

I raise myself up on my arms and sit up. I stand to my feet and nearly fall as I take a step. Unused to the added weight, I look back at my wings. They are bigger than I had excepted. I stretch them out to their full length and gawk at their size. They are big enough to protect two full-sized men from the elements.

Thinking back to escaping, I slowly fold my wings. The feathers tickle my back as they fold together. I look back to see nothing there, so I assume I succeeded in 'putting them up.'

I put my tattered shirt back on before hurrying to the door. I guess the plans of escape are happening now. I rush out of the room and race down the hallway. There are no demons to be found. Did the blast clear out the prison?

After a couple of minutes, I am answered when a group of demons round the corner. I run towards the group, but the next thing I know I am already running on the other side of them. Did I just teleport? Nice!

I make my way to the ground level but stop immediately as I exit the prison. I look around in horror only to find I am not just in a prison on a demon occupied planet; I am in Hades.

Hii!!! Thnxx so much for reading!!

Sorry about the big time jump, but Kilo's an Angel and he doesn't really age...sooo...please forgive me? 😁

Let me know what you think about it so far in the comments!!
If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote 😊
As always, feel free to ask me anything anytime 💙
Happy Reading!!