Insert from the magazine Alternative Press, published Jun. 2019 [In the small town of Darling, Colorado, it's the year 2014, and four friends have just begun their journey in the world of alternative music with a simple line up: a singer who rocked both guitar and piano, a bass guitarist with a knack for back up vocals, a rhythm guitarist who cared little about what other people thought, and a drummer who could feel music in his heart and soul as strongly as he felt his own heartbeat.

They were Kai Morganson, Elliott "Eli" Gomez, Janey Skye, and Logan Skye, and they were The Heart Thrums, the local pop punk band performing songs on Saturday nights in their friend's garages.

Flash forward to 2018, and The Heart Thrums are picked up by indie alt-rock record label Equinox Harbor Records (EHR) after self-producing their first EP, titled "Love Sick Kids", and releasing it via various streaming services.

The Heart Thrums are not the typical band that scouts from EHR tend to sign, but a representative from the label told us, "This band shows a lot of potential for growth, and is the perfect example of what [EHR] is trying to achieve here. We want diversity in our music, and that includes expanding the genres of bands we sign."

Along with the signing of this new act, EHR is excited to announce the Marking of Words Tour, a short tour on the West coast featuring The Heart Thrums and The Band Mousy as opening acts for EHR's best known band (and first to sign to the label back in 2016 when it was first getting off its feet) Renegade Sundown, a post hardcore band whose own roots are in Darling, Colorado. The frontmen of each band, Lander Sorenson of Renegade Sundown and Kai Morganson of The Heart Thrums, reportedly attended high school together, and graduated in 2015.

"I'm excited to tour with someone from my hometown," Kai said in an interview about the tour, and signing with the label. "[EHR] did amazing work hooking us up with people we know."

Catch the Marking of Words Tour this August, see dates below and go to EHR's website for more info about tickets and venues.]