Unexpected Secrets

Third Person POV

It was a sunny August day and Phil had tickets for Summer in The City today. He was really excited to finally meet his 2 idols; Aidan and Dan.

When he walked in the huge hall where the convention is held, he was immediately searching for the queue leading to Aidan and Dan and he quickly found it. It was really long though, but he hoped he will have the chance to meet them anyway. They were the reason he went there in the first place.

Phil stood there and waited for his turn to come, but after 2 hours, there were still too many people in front of him and he realized that he won't meet Aidan and Dan today, like every other year he has been here.

Minutes after, he heard that the meeting-conventions are closed now.

"Every single year", Phil murmured to himself. "I know how you feel", a girl next to him said. Phil nodded. "Are you going to the main stage to see them?" The girl looked at him in expectations. "Yeah, sure thing", he said smiling at her. "Can we like go together? You seem like a nice guy", she said with a smile on her face. "Yes sure", Phil said, his mood raising. "I'm Phil by the way", he added. "Nice to meet you Phil, I'm Amy", she replied.

They went to the main stage together to see the performance of Aidan and Dan. Phil enjoyed it and so did Amy.

After the performance, Phil and Amy went back outside because they both happened to go to Summer in The City for Aidan and Dan. "Did you like the performance?", Amy asked. "Yes, I really enjoyed it", Phil said excited. "Did you?", he asked her back. "Yes, well kind of, I think it has been better the other years, but I still liked it", she said with a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Oh, yeah, okay I understand", Phil said, searching for words. "So I think I should get going now, talk to you later Phil?" Phil looked up "Yes sure, wait I'll give you my number so you can call me or something", he said, writing his phone number on a piece of paper that he carried around him to get an autograph of Aidan and Dan in the first place. Amy nodded and hugged Phil. "Bye", she said. "Bye", Phil replied.

Phil decided to stay where he was for a bit longer to think about the day. He met a nice girl that he kind of became friends with, he saw Aidan and Dan perform on the main stage, but he didn't get to meet them, which still didn't make it a bad day for him. He was happy he met Amy; she was a really lovely girl.

He stood there for another half an hour processing the day. Then he started to go into direction home. He suddenly heard a familiar voice behind him. "AIDAN", the voice was screaming. Phil didn't turn around; it was none of his business. "Aidan stop!", the voice became louder this time. Still he didn't turn around. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Ai- oh, sorry I didn't mean to", Dan started his sentence, but never really finished it. Dan and Phil both remained in silence. Phil didn't know what to say anyway; he finally met Dan, the person he had a crush on ever since he can remember and now he's talking to him. After what felt like forever, Phil finally managed to chuckle out a few words. "I-It's al-alright, I-I might just l-look like y-your f-friend from behind", Phil said rather stuttering.

It took a while until Dan finally managed to say something again. "I'm Dan", he reached out his hand to Phil. Phil took Dan's hand and shook it, still confused. "Phil", he simply replied, so he could be sure not to stutter again. "Would you like to hang out sometimes?", Dan asked. Phil couldn't believe it in the first place. "Are you serious?", he replied, obviously shocked. "Yeah, don't you want to? I mean you don't have to, I don't pressure you or anything", Dan said, slightly regret asking by now. "No, I mean yes, I mean of course I would like to hang out with you", Phil replied, so fast that he didn't even stutter anymore. "Nice", Dan said, smiling openly. He gestured at Phil's phone to give it to Dan. Phil handed Dan his phone. "Here you go", he said smiling at Phil. "But I got to go, Aidan's probably waiting for me, call me", he said while running back in the direction he has been coming from.  Phil was speechless; he couldn't believe this was happening. He stood there again processing the day. This time he was truly happy about it.