The Hug™

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Sound, loud and insistent, as if someone was yelling at him through a tunnel. Hard stones poked into his back and his entire body hurt. But even as he lay on the floor, Loki could feel bones knitting themselves back together, his collarbone cracked and his head jolted as it settled into place. Through the haze of exhaustion and pain, he knew, somehow, that this was too fast. He shouldn't have been able to heal the amount of damage he sustained in what had to be only minutes.

A blunt object dug into his side with force, probably re-breaking a rib and Loki gasped, his eyes shot open only to flinch back closed again in response to the stabbing white light. In that split second, he had managed to make out a looming figure, bent over him and undoubtedly the one kicking him. Even with the skewed perspective and blinding light, it was too small for the Hulk.

Which reminded Loki of the other person who had been in the ring right before he slipped unconscious.

"Thor!" The name burst from his mouth and he sat up, so fast he became dizzy. "You're alive!" Loki held his hands up to block the light and squinted, just about made out his brother's face, confused and without recognition.

Had something happened to him? Perhaps Hela had been a cruel victor, stripped Thor of his memories and Loki's hands trembled at the thought.

Forced himself upright, swaying, ribs cracking and popping as they returned to more natural positions. Reached out.

Thor stepped back a frown on his face, hands fisted at his sides. "Did you not hear me? I didn't know being a runt made you deaf."

Hela had taken his memories. Loki felt his face twist into a snarl and he was far too tired to stop it. "Thor, I'm your brother," He said, tried to keep his voice as level and calming as possible.

"Loki?!" He yelped, incredulous and those bright, sparkling, alive eyes searched his face. "But Fros-"

"You're alright, thank the Norns," Loki couldn't hold back his grin. "I didn't think you were," He swayed again and reached out, hands on Thor's shoulders and the smile spread wider until it hurt his cheeks, but he didn't care. And his knees seemed to collapse beneath him. Suddenly, there was nothing holding him up but his older brother. "I thought you were dead."

Arms didn't come up behind him, the body he held onto was stiff as a board and unmoving except for heavy breaths. And that was all Loki needed. He listened to them, felt how his brother's chest expanded and contracted in time with the too-warm air which tickled the nape of his neck. Somehow, he found himself with his head resting fully against one armoured shoulder, arms wrapped as tightly as he could around Thor, as if holding onto him tightly enough meant that everything would be okay.

Then Loki remembered that this was Thor, his very much alive brother. And that what he was doing could be mistaken for a hug. Which it was most certainly not, but the thought had him push himself off the armoured torso and wobble tiredly on his own two feet.

"... Loki?" Said brother looked confused, eyebrows raised nearly into the golden mane of hair that wreathed his head. He didn't appear to be suffering from any injuries, only the potential memory loss. Except that he seemed to remember who he was.

"What happened?" Loki said and concentrated on standing upright, forcing his knees to stop shaking.

"Why's your hair," Thor made an obscure gesture at his head, pulled a face then said whatever he was thinking instead of answering the question. "Short?"