Running

AN: Hey. Not done one of these for this fic so far. Anyway, here to give a trigger warning. Violence (which shouldn't surprise you if you've gotten this far) and the other one is a big ole spoiler (related to violence). I've stuck it down at the bottom in case you're worried. Annnnd on with the show! Enjoy >:)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"You," The woman said and pointed an imperious finger tip at Loki's chest and he blinked.

"Me?"

A derisive snort. "Yes."

Something was nagging him, about her. He had seen her before... "Topaz?" He eventually said and did his best to hide the uncertainty in his voice.

An almost smile. "Yes. And you killed Hiroim."

Loki raised an eyebrow, slightly more confident. "That depends on whether you two were friends."

"He was a bastard and a puff. And I was about to off him anyway"

"Then I most certainly killed him," Loki plastered on a charming expression. "In cold blood, actually. Knife right between the clavicles." Somewhere behind him, the deathly silence was broken by shuffling feet.

The two opposing sides stood facing each other, Loki's smile became strained, showing too many teeth, skin stretching further until his face hurt. But then Topaz nodded; a miniscule dip of the head. "You have one minute."

Loki watched her for a moment, but there was no deception that he could see or hear. "Let's go," He said over his shoulder. When no one moved, he turned on his heel and gestured furiously. "Go! Now!"

Finally, the dimwits began running. He waited for them to pass, brought up the rear with Moth's large face peering at him even as they ran. Loki was at the door, then he glanced back at Topaz, "Thanks."

She was smiling slightly, in a cruel and cold way. "Fifty seconds."

Loki grinned back, this time purposefully putting too many teeth on display. "You will wish you'd kept them," And he was off.

It took moments to catch up and from behind Moth he could barely make out the procession's order, except for Hulk's massive back in what appeared to be the front, Valkyrie's brown hair whipping along at his side. Then Thor's head, a flash of pale, blue and gold was just visible over a large shoulder, they locked eyes then he was facing forwards again, running.

Pulled in a deep lungful of air and Loki's feet were pounding against the metal, boots tapping and arms pumping as his exhausted body fought to keep up. Why did escaping have to include so much sprinting and fleeing and general physical activity?

Up ahead, the clattering of metal. Shouting. Guards? But not to worry, apparently, as Loki ducked back from a limb as it flew through the air, spraying red across the walls and his face. After it soared the rest of a body, clad in armour and remaining arm clutching a sword. He was screaming, almost comically, and when he smashed into a wall and slid to the floor, leaving another streak of red, it was with a wet splat and the yelling cut out.

Loki let out a bark of laughter and continued, rubbed at his face in a futile attempt to wipe away the splattered blood, but only succeeded in smearing it around. Some got in his mouth and he spat it out.

Screaming and roaring. A giant, green arm was flung upwards, guard held by the feet in a fist until he wasn't and sent crashing upwards to crack into the metal ceiling. Once the corpse started to fall back down, Loki could see a dent in the metal.