The Engagement - TS - Part 1

Hey my lovely readers, I am back with new TS. Hope you all will like it.

Not proofread.

***

Plot :

After Diwali incident, Rhea decides to snatch Pragya & Ranbir from Prachi. Ranbir, being helpless due to Pallavi's health, fails to talk to Prachi. After a week, in a party, announcement of engagement of Ranbir-Rhea is made, which would to be held after 2 days. And now the D-day is here.

Part 1

Ranbir was standing in corner, looking disconsolate, remembering the events of past few days. He couldn't believe his parents announced his marriage with Rhea without even talking to him once. He was hoping, after sometime, when Pallavi's health improves he will try to convince his family for his relationship with Prachi, but nothing was working in his favour. The shock on Prachi's features when the announcement of was made, kept haunting him. But that was just the start. After party when he tried talking to Prachi, Rhea came there and revealed about the bet, making things worse.

Everything was over just in the span of few minutes. Prachi left and he lost love of his life forever. Even though he was bound by promise, Pallavi literally locked him in his room. She even snatched his phone. He was not able to do anything. He remembered the time when he was in jail, it felt same. The only difference was that jail was better; at least Prachi always came to meet him there. He sighed sadly.

Ranbir and Rhea were called on stage for engagement ceremony. All family members were gathered around them, looking happy and excited. But Ranbir was hurt by the behaviour of his own family. Why can't anyone understand him? Dida n Chief, two persons who always get to know what he wants without him uttering a word, now were not able to understand his condition even if he talked to them clearly. All of sudden everyone felt like strangers to him, and he found himself alone even when he was surrounded by his own family members.

Ranbir went up to the stage and was given a ring to put on rhea's finger. Ranbir had enough of this stupidity; he found himself incapable to go ahead with the engagement and was about to yell in frustration, when one look at the entrance froze him.

Looking at his immobile state, others followed his gaze and were stunned to see Prachi standing there with unreadable expression on her face.

Ranbir: Pra...Prachi?

Rhea: Prachi? Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho? (in her usual rude manner)

Pallavi & Dida didn't say anything due to Abhi but their expressions were mirroring that of Rhea's.

Aliya: Why are you here? Pehle hi bohot bura kar chuki ho tum Rhea aur Ranbir ke sath, ab main tumhe aur kuch karne nahi doongi. Just leave from here.

Abhi: Aliya, stop it. You can't talk to her like that.

Aliya: But bhai...

Abhi: Yes, Prachi did a mistake but we have decided to forget everything and move on. Rhea has forgiven both of Pragya & Prachi and she was the one who invited Pragya for the engagement. Aur Prachi bhi apni behen ki khushiyon me shamil hone ke liye aa sakti hain.

Prachi was standing calmly, still not uttering a word.

Pragya: Prachi beta, maine poocha tha tumse, par tumne mana kiya tha aane se. But its ok, now you are here. Apni behen ki...

Prachi: No, main yahan Rhea ke liye nahi aayi hoon. I am here for Ranbir.

Prachi's words ignited a small hope in Ranbir's eyes. He was praying for a miracle, was it happening? But his hope got changed into fear as heremembered about bet revelation.

Pragya: Prachi, tum kya keh rahi ho?

Rhea: See, Dad? Maine kaha tha, Prachi humesha mujhse sab kuch chin ne ki koshish karti hain. Now again, she is here for Ranbir. You already tried to spoil Ranbir's life by bringing that Maya, now what do you want?

Pallavi: Rhea is right. Sirf Prachi ki wajah se hum sab par itni mushkilein aayi, Ranbir ki badnami hui aur Rhea ne khudkhushi tak karne ki koshish ki...

Unable to hear the accusations, Ranbir was about to open his mouth but Pragya spoke before him.

Pragya: Prachi, I know you are hurt. Rhea ne mujhe sab bataya hain. Par apni behen ki khatir...

Prachi: Rhea is not my sister, Maa. Diwali ki raat Rhea ne jaisa aapke saath behave kiya us ke baad, mera us se koyi rishta nahi hain.

Aliya: Wow. Rhea ne kuch galat nahi kiya, galti Pragya ki thi. But look at the selfishness of this girl. Apne matlab ke liye apni behen ko bhul gayi. 

Prachi: I am amazed at your audacity Aliya aunty. You are talking about selfishness?

Aliya: How dare you? You are the reason for everyone's pain in this house. Bhai didn't do anything because you are his daughter...par main chup nahi baithungi...

Abhi: That's enough, Aliya. Prachi, please...

Prachi: No, Mr. Mehra, let her say. I am here to end this drama once and for all.

Abhi: Mr. Mehra? Prachi, what are you saying?

Prachi: You heard it right, Mr.Mehra. And I am here because I might forgive the people who hurt me but I don't spare those who hurt my loved ones.

To Be Continued...

***

Don't forget to vote and comment.