Chapter 17

Addison's eyes shot wide awake after the dream played in her mind again. Her heart was racing as she tried to catch her breath. Her back ached as she looked around to realize that she was strapped to a St. Andrew's Cross similar to the one that Byron had been executed on. "Help!" She screamed as a large gaggle of laughter began from behind the giant curtain that was in front of her.

"We'll be right back to conclude what has been one Hell of a ride!" She heard Max O'Healey's voice from the other side of the curtain. It was almost time for the grand finale.

"What the Hell?" Raul said beside Addison as he woke up strapped to a giant X as well. She craned her neck to see that Erin was strapped to one as well next to Raul before turning to the other side and seeing Al. He was in bad shape. Both eyes were almost completely swollen shut as his head hung down. He had what looked to be burn marks all down his neck. He was alive. He was barely alive, but he was still alive.

Max and King both walked behind the curtain as the lights on the other side of the curtain dimmed. "Good evening my beautiful people!" He said as King let out a throaty chuckle behind him. "Well, I did kind of spoil it before we offed Katherine--"

"Taya," Addison spat angry at the murderous man, as she saw him.

He stopped and smiled at her for a second before continuing, "...Katherine...but I said that there was only one elimination left after her, and that ended up being Eddie, so if we're all good at deduction then we should know that since Erin was voted off next, she was the lone wolf, so congratulations you three!" He looked at the four of them as Raul and Addison stared down at Erin who began to sob.

"Hey, Hey," Max said as he walked over to her, "It's okay! You tried! And we're all proud of you!" 

"Then why are we strapped here too?" Addison growled as he slowly headed back toward her.

"Because he's going to kill us," Al groaned.

"I'm sorry..." Max made his way over to him as King held up his head to look at Max, "Did you say something...dad?"

Addison, Raul, and even Eddie looked over in complete shock as Max spat in Al's face, King letting go of his head to let it slump back down.

"I'm not going to kill you all," Max said, his evil smile pulling back across his face, "Except for you, Erin. King is one hundred percent going to kill you. But for the other three of you, we have something special planned. You might die, but you could survive. Either way though, if you do die, you'll die with a clean record! You guys are cleared of your charges for voting Erin out! So congrats on that!"

Reagan walked back behind the curtain with a headset on before saying, "It's time."

"Thanks!" He said before turning around to face the curtain. The lights on the other side brightened again before music began playing and the curtain raised. Max and King walked forward to face a full audience as they roared in cheers.

Addison was overwhelmed with everything that was happening at the moment as she looked off to the side of the stage. The light shining on her was blinding, but as she squinted staring into the dim shadows just off-stage she made out the outlines on three people. One was obviously a woman from the physical features, but the other two seemed to be men. One was very tall, and she could make out the peaks of his muscular arms. The other seemed to have an average build, but he was wearing a baby blue suit.

The wash of lights dimmed as a spotlight shot over to Erin as Max and King talked about the end of the game. As this happened, Addison's view of the people standing to the side cleared up. Her heart dropped. She now saw a woman with dark blue hair who was staring at the ceiling, seemingly not wanting to see what was happening on stage. The muscular man was a rugged older gentlemen who was snarling with his arms crossed. But it was the man in the blue suit. He was looking directly at her with a smirk that looked as demonic as Max's. The scar above his lip formed like a lightning bolt when he cocked his mouth like he was. He ran his fingers through his bleached blonde hair before winking at her.