“Brianne? Hello? Earth to Brianne!”

I looked to see my brother looking at me concern in his eyes.

“Oh, hello Garrett.”

“I think you should put the picture down.” he offered.

The thing is, last night, Kyle got into a car accident. He was on his motorcycle, on his way back home. A drunk driver hit him. He's now in a coma. I've been in his room ever since he got to the hospital. I've been told by almost all the doctors that he's not going to make it; that I should start making funeral arrangements. Unlike the doctors though, I have faith that Kyle will be okay. That we will get married in a week.

“I like to think of Kyle as the romantic man he was that day. Not of Kyle in a coma. So, I need this picture to stay positive.” I explained to my brother.

“I know Brianne, but it's Christmas. You should come for a bit. Open some of your gifts. I'm sure-”

“Garrett!” I interrupted him.

“What?”

“Look!” I said pointing at Kyle's right hand. It was twitching. Slowly, his eyes fluttered and finally opened.

“Kyle?” I said hesitantly.

“Brianne?”

“How are you feeling?” I asked gently.

“Pretty good actually. Could you go get the doctor please?”

“Of course.” I made my way to the hallway and called in the doctor. He looked at Kyle for a few moments and then turned back to me.

"So?” I urged.

“He's fine.” the doctor laughed. “Nothing broken or harmed.” Turning to Kyle, he added “You'll have to be on bed rest for the next five days.”

“I can get married then?” Kyle smiled.

“Of course.” the doctor said. “You're free to go whenever.” With that, he left the room.