Chapter 42

Jacks pov

"Sam shot himself." Olivia said. My world came crashing down. no no this isn't happening. Tears ran freely down both of our faces. no not my best friend. Sam couldn't have. he's always happy. why would he do that. I have to see him. right now. "liv go g-get plane tickets." I said. she went to the waiting room and in there it had a few laptops people could use. After about a hour she came back and said we got them. good i need to see sam. I can't believe this. my best friend shot himself. he may be dead. he may be alive. hopefully the second one. I need to know everything. "liv can you tell me everything that went on? and how you found out?" I asked her. she took a breath and looked at me. "so a few minutes after you left to take your test I got a phone call from janelle. when I answered it I knew she was crying because I heard her sniff. anyways she told me that after Sam left her house last night he texted her and said that he loved her and whatever happens to him it's not her fault it's his choice. also he said that he will meet her in....heaven." she took a breath before saying her last word. "We need to leave now. we need to see him. I need to be there for him like he was for me." I said. "our plane leaves in the morning at 4. so I'm gonna try and get you out now." Olivia said leaving the room. Sam can't die. he has to live. he has his whole live ahead of him.

~~~skip to airport~~~

Olivia's pov

So after I told jack about Sam I called Shawn and told him what happened and he came to the airport and bought another ticket to come see Sam in omaha. the nurses let jack out early so we wouldn't miss our plane. "I'm scared to see him." jack said grabbing my hand. "I am too...it will be weird without sam there. he always brings life to the conversation you know?" I replied looking at him. "yea it will defiantly be weird..." He said. we then saw Shawn running towards us. "IM HERE DON'T BOARD THE PLANE YET!!" he yelled causing everyone to look at him. we started to laugh. "Shawn don't worry the plane isn't boarding yet." I laughed. "what!? so your telling me that I almost ran over 3 kids and dodged a huge group of teenagers for nothing?" "yea pretty much." Jack said laughing. "whatever they deserved it. I asked the kids to walk faster but they walked even slower. and those teenagers were girls, I figured they would hold me up so I just stayed behind this group of adults" Shawn said. "wow Shawn." I laughed. our plane boarded and we got on. Shawn luckily got a seat next to us. we were the first ones on so we had to wait a while before the plane actually started. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at the screen and Nash was calling me.

Me: yo nash.

Nash: sup liv did u hear about sammy?

Me: yea im actually on a plane with jack and Shawn to go see him now.

Nash: man we should have been there for sam.

Me: I know it will suck not having him around for a while.

Nash: I know but we could only pray for him.

Me: yea that's all we could do right now.

Nash: this month sucks.

Me: I know. With all the hospitals

Nash: yea. but hey how's your dad?

Me: oh shit I forgot. I have to call my mom but while I'm home I will go see him.

Nash: my parents said that he is progressing very good.

Me: really? that's amazing!

Nash: yea they said that he will be out in a few days actually.

Me: that's great! but I feel like I wasn't there for him.

Nash: that's okay he had many people visit him and comfort him.

Me: okay well Nash I gotta go but I will see you in a couple hours.

Nash: okay bye liv have a safe trip!

Me: thanks bye!

I hung up the phone but I immediately called my mom.

Mom: hello?

Me: mom!

Mom: hey sweetie how have you been? how's jack?

Me: I'm good. and jack is too! he actually just got out and we are on our way home now.

Mom: really?! that's great honey!

Me: yea but its not for a good reason.

Mom: what are you talking about?

Me: you know our friend sammmy?

Mom: wilkinson?

Me: yea. he shot himself.

Mom: what!!?

Me: yea. janelle said that he couldn't handle jack not being around.

Mom: oh my god. honey that's horrible.

Me: yea it's not a good month for everyone. but how's dad?

Mom: he's great! he'd being released in a few days actually.

Me: oh my god that's amazing! I just feel bad because I haven't been there for him.

Mom: I was talking to him about you the other day and he said that he understands that you had to be there for jack.

Me: good. I don't want him pissed at me.

Mom: no he's fine.

Me: well mom I gotta go now but I will call you as soon as I land.

Mom: okay honey have a safe trip! I love you

Me: love you too. bye.

Mom: bye.

I hung up and turned my phone to airplane mode because we started down the runway. as soon as we lifted of the ground I feel fast asleep on jacks shoulder. he kissed my forehead and whispered "everything will be okay soon. I love you"

A/N sorry I didn't update for a while my ipod wasn't working and I couldn't get in any of my apps but here is just a filler for now.
~liv💋