prologue

𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬 ,
𝒐𝒐. gem ☄︎. *. ⋆

˖⋆࿐໋₊

˖⋆࿐໋₊

Polluted dust in the dawn and smell of decay wafted through the air as the girl painted her face in numbness, posture slumped, lips agape, her breathing hollow, sobs protruding over and over until she buried her head into the pillow.

It was late at night, silent and obscured by the flickering lights, which slowly began to fade as people turned them off to drown in the realm of dreams and lost desires. Her limbs hummed with tension, but at last, when her body decided to obey her, she breathed out heavily.

Her bones were shaking, making her feet unsteadily shift on their own as she slowly walked towards the bathroom to wash her face, the bitter flagrant and the sweet dreadfulness had once more covered her gaze like a veil.

Circumstances had drowned her, the pale sphere of a moon laminated the water coming from the sink. Out of the window the highway was long, straight and never ending of the vacant neighborhood, the sky painting itself an ash grey, the same color of her eyes.

The gentle strawberry tincture had now completely faded into the unsettling fog, no longer the same rose flavored cocktail but now pitch black.

To produce what she did was an art, her elegant movements deliver the actions that cut through fog like daggers. She was a thief that stole only from other thieves. Her rebellion expressed emotions into the messed up minds of humans.

Why?

Disembodied screams would rip from the insides of the girl like a ship with water running through its holes, ready to drown in the dark waters of the unknown.

            She's drowning.

            At least it feels like it.

The invisible list of people she trusted had faded, she had failed to feel anything anymore, from falling in love to suddenly feeling nothing more but dullness. Her colors had drifted away into a nearby pond. Now it was nighttime, meaning time to steal.

Everyone she once knew thought she was dead, some doubted she disappeared into thin air for so long. But now it was too late, thus after the fire nothing was the same anymore.

She applied dark eyeshadow that contrasted with her oddly pale skin, purplish bags that she carried under her eyes showed the sleepless nights. After she got ready, slipping her gloves up her hands and pulling a black coat over her shaking body. Bones felt heavy, but somewhat she mustered her strength to move sporadically out of the window, grabbing the metal staircase that led to the rooftop.