VULNERABLE

Paperwork was the most important part of police work, as far as Jiang Cheng was concerned. It wasn't as exciting as being out in the field, of course (although it doesn't involve talking to anyone, which is a big point in paperwork's favor); it doesn't stimulate his mind the same way poring over evidence does, and it certainly isn't as satisfying as that moment when a case cracks wide open and he knows he'll be bringing someone to justice.

Paperwork is a huge part of making sure that the criminals they apprehend actually answer for their crimes, though, and Jiang Cheng took that seriously.Plus, there's something soothing about the meticulous collection and tracking of information, a tidiness to it that speaks to his orderly soul. He liked to get to work early and sit in the morning quiet, sipping his tea and filing his reports, so that his desk is pristine and his mind is clear

"Of course the second I get in the door the Commissioner will be up my ass as he expected to see me yesterday" Jiang Cheng rumbled around a mouthful of blueberry muffin

"Of course the second I get in the door the Commissioner will be up my ass as he expected to see me yesterday" Jiang Cheng rumbled around a mouthful of blueberry muffin. Slinging Lan Huan's motorcycle helmet under his desk, he flopped heavily down into his chair, which creaked alarmingly under his muscular bulk. "I didn't even get my jacket off before he had summoned him."

He walked to the Commissioner's Office and knocked.

'" Enter" the response came and he entered to an angry looking Commissioner.

" Sit down Office" The Commissioner looked murderous.

Jiang Cheng had already prepared his report and he placed it at the captains desk.

" Here is a report of yesterday's incident at the port Sir" Jiang Cheng informed him as he sat down.

The captain was silent for a few minutes, the report still on his desk untouched when he looked at Jiang Cheng and asked " What is your relationship with Lan Huan"

"He was my informant . He's..." He swallowed, his tongue feeling suddenly thick. "...A friend."

"Are you shitting me?" Commissioner yelled "So you normally sleep with your friends?"

Jiang Cheng's head snaps up and meets his incredulous look with a level stare.

" This is my personal life. It never interfered with the case. How did you know Commissioner? Did you Spy on me? '" Jiang Cheng's temper soared.

" Hahaha, you are the stubbornest asshole I've ever met," the Commissioner grumbled. Jiang Cheng held his gaze and waited. He sighed and continued. "Meng Yao sent the video before you killed him.But for the record, this is a stupid idea and I hate it. It will affect your job going forward. Did you find out who the " Black Jade " is? "

Jiang Cheng went mute. The Commissioner stood up and said. "I need to follow up on some stuff from the report.. Try not to do something stupid and dont let others know you are dating him until this case is fully closed. We need to find out who the Black Jade is. Too many deaths have happened in the last few years. Get out, you are giving me a headache"

He slowly walked out of the Commissioners office and sat at his desk, his hands clenched into fists, and stared at nothing. All along, he's been telling himself that there's no way anyone would have known that he was in a relationship with Lan Huan. He now felt afraid for the first time in his career.

In his objective analysis, objectively, empirically true Lan Huan was kind, intelligent, thoughtful, generous, and well-mannered, not to mention wealthy and handsome. No one could even come close to deserving him. Even Jiang Cheng doesn't deserve Lan Huan in the slightest.

He got up from his seat and he drove home and parked the motorbike in his parking spott; he locked his phone in the glove compartment, sliding the burner phone into his pocket. He picked the call and called his other informant.

" Let's meet" he commanded as he looked up at the roof of the building as he walked past and without his phone, he couldn't order a lyft. He walked down the arterial in the general direction of downtown, keeping an eye out for a cab to hail; he's almost halfway there before he realizes he might as well just walk. It was not raining anymore, and he had some time to kill, anyway.

The city is moving from evening into nighttime. Shops were closing up; restaurants were loud and crowded, with lines starting to spill out of the more popular places. Bars were getting noisier and in another couple of hours, Sunshot nightlife will be in full swing. It's not a scene Jiang Cheng had much familiarity with, outside of a professional capacity —he hated crowds. He walked out of the city and headed to his destination. Ten Minutes later, he arrived at the pier and found the young man waiting for him.

" What news do you have for me?" Jiang Cheng asked without even greeting him. He was so irked he did not have time for a chitchat.

" Yes sir. But its not good news. I finally found out who Black Jade is. But Sir-", the young man hesitated.

" Give me the damn envelope" Jiang Cheng barked.

" Sir, this news is not good and not so good for you

" Sir, this news is not good and not so good for you. Considering what i found out. I just need you to be mentally prepared." The young informant gave him the envelope and left the scene hurriedly without looking back.

Jiang Cheng sighed and closed his eyes. He had accomplished only part of the mission and uncovered the drugs at Lan Corporation. But he needed to uncover the Mafia Boss " Black Jade" and he was hoping it was that dead Meng Yao. This way he could just be happy and kill two birds with one stone.

He tore the envelop open and there was a picture of none other than Lan Huan.

His breath caught in his throat and as his heart broke into pieces

His breath caught in his throat and as his heart broke into pieces.  There must be a mistake!!

His body became weak as tears rolled down his cheeks. His eyes became blurry and he sobbed.

Sunshot city Black Jade was Lan Huan.

Dear Sweeties

One more chapter and we are done.

Enjoy

Love 😘😘😘😘😘

AnnaBaibe