Chapter 1: Barbados

Y/N's POV

As we get settled in Barbados, I look around and see Monica with Chandler, and Joey with Charlie. It kind of brings some sense of loneliness. Maybe even some jealousy. They're all happy, and in love, and I'm just here, alone, in beautiful Barbados.

Daniel and I just broke up a little while ago. I really thought we were going to be it, until things started falling apart. Arguments left-and-right, our last one so bad, things were thrown. My favorite china was smashed, along with the last picture I had of my dad.

I have to admit, it wasn't all his fault. There were really great times with him. Like, once, when we went for a weekend to Vermont for Valentine's Day. Oh! Another time, Chandler got me sick with a cold, and so Daniel stayed home with me for three days straight. During those three days, we stayed in the house, binging on Cheers and The Golden Girls. One night, we both fell asleep together, with popcorn spilled all over the floor. I still don't know who dropped it. If you ask me, Danny always was the clumsy one between us.

His comfort is probably the one thing I miss the most, though.

"Hey, what's going on in that pretty head of yours," Joey asked me, taking me out of my gaze.

"Nothing Jo, just taking in all of this in. Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure," he says.

"You're probably the last person to ever have the possibility of knowing how I feel, but... have you ever knew something you had with someone was wrong, but you just couldn't get yourself to let it go, so you keep through with it, even though in the end, you're inevitably going to get hurt?"

"You kinda lost me in the end there, but I do know what you're going through. Remember when I was totally crazed about Rachel? I knew I couldn't have her, but a part of me didn't want to stop hoping there was a little chance for things to end up being with us together," before he finishes, he wraps an arm around me. "If it's about him, it's ok if you miss him. Just, take it from me, and I've done a lot of stupid things to hurt women, if I was in his position, I would never hurt you the way he hurt you. But, people do deserve second chances, I guess. Just, follow your heart."

-------

I wonder who's idea it was to give me the room next to Monica and Chandler's.

Looking at the phone, I contemplate whether or not to do what I wanna.

"He's not worth it," I think to myself, "he would've called if he missed you."