Chapter 5: Dilemma

*Next Morning*

I'm woken up by the slamming of what I think is Y/N and Daniel's door. I open my door, and see Daniel rushing out of the room, with his bags in his arms. I turn around to start getting ready for my day, as fast as I can to check on Y/N.

------

Knock Knock

"Who is it," I ask.

"It's Mon."

When I open the door, I'm met with an 'I just woke up, so this is important' Monica. "Y/N's in her room crying. I can hear it. She won't answer the door to me or Rachel. Please, just... try to see if she'll let you in. I'm really worried."

I grab my purse, and rush past her to get to Y/N. Reaching for her door handle, I can hear her sobs, which break my heart even more. I knock on the door a few times, and am met with Y/N's sweet, and breaking voice. "I said leave me alone. Please, I can't talk right now. I just can't," she says.

"It's me, Y/N. It's Phoebe. Please open the door. You don't have to talk, just let me be with you."

After waiting a few moments, the door cracks open a little bit. She peaks her eye out, and says, "Phoebe?" I nod my head, and push the door open slowly, and little-by-little. She walks back to the bed, and sits on it, with a tissue box laying next to her. Following after her, I start up the conversation, "he hurt you again?"

Instead of talking, she nods her head, and looks down at her hands. I sigh, and continue, "that's fine. You don't have to talk. I'm just glad you let me in. We were all really worried." Y/N's silence is the loudest thing in the room, which I want to stop with a kiss, but of course I CAN'T DO THAT! "Look, you are the most beautiful, kind-hearted person... in the world. You deserve... the entire world, and he's just not the one to give it to you. That's not your fault. That is totally his, for not seeing how amazing you are."

She looks up at me, and the fall of a single tear tears my world apart. I take my hand, and wipe the tear away from her face. With my hand stroking her cheek, the only thing running through my mind is connecting her lips to mine, and not stopping until the end of the vacation. As we look into each other's eyes, I try to show her, without words, that she's safe with me. She pulls away, and says, "Thank you, Phoebe. Um, I called for a plane ticket back home tonight. I have to start getting ready. I just want to be alone now."

I nod, and start out the door. "Thank you, Phoebes. I love you," she says. "You don't need to thank me. I would do it anytime," I reply, knowing that her 'I love you' doesn't mean the same love that I have for her.