The Interview

I sit up all night thinking about her. I'd love to meet her. She is beautiful. Some may disagree but she is gorgeous. I smile. 1987 was going to be a great year, I could sense it. Phoebe walks in with a warm, hearty minestrone soup and a mug of coffee.
"Thank you Phoebe." I say happily. I get tucked into the soup. Mmm... homemade fresh by my ex-boyfriend, Joseph Fanelli. He is quite a good chef if I say so myself. He's also quite good at other things ;).
"Remember Freddie, Queen has an interview in a couple hours, so just tidy yourself up and get ready we're leaving in two hours." Phoebe grins. I scoff and go to the bathroom,
"Get Jim for me and tell him it's bath time." I smirk.

The bath's water is sizzling but after a while I got used to it. There was so much BUBBLES!!!! I love BUBBLES!!!! I joyfully play with them. Who wouldn't?!
"Jim," I say as I put bubbles on my face, "Would I look good with a beard?" I turn around with a bubble beard and say,
"I'd look sexy." And then I do a serious face. There is a glint in my eye which Jim must've seen because he cracks up.
"What's funny?!" I pout laughing yet trying to be serious. Jim laughs harder.
"What?!" I continue still trying to be serious. I give up. I'm not very good at telling jokes. Jim's soft eyes sparkle when he smiles. I sink into the bubbly waters. Jim gets up.
I reach out to him. He stops.
"Where are you going?" I tease.
"To do the gardening of course." Jim replies with a slick grin, "Toodles!" I sit in the tub with my arms crossed like a toddler having a hissy fit. Phoebe comes in.
"Freddie, Mary's here." announces Phoebe. I immediately jump out of the bath, grab my towel and race into my cupboard. I close the door swiftly behind me and wrap the towel around my waist quickly. When I turn the lights on I stroke my moustache. There is a multitude of outfits. Sparkly sequins on leather, leather, singlets with braces, my old leotards, a blue shirt, a red shirt, a green shirt and many more shirts. I look hard. The struggle is real, "Phoebe!" I yell. I wait for Phoebe. When he jogs into the room he panics, "What's happened Freddie!" I turn to him with a dramatic look, "I don't know what to wear, darling." Phoebe looks like I shot myself in the head then said Bohemian Rhapsody is about a dolphin named Squid. With a sweep of his arms he exclaims, "Freddie Mercury never runs out of clothing ideas!" Then he dives into the closet.

A few minutes pass and Phoebe has tried everything. He sighs heavily and just decides to go with the green sweatshirt and gray pants. He throws me my stage shoes, a pair of white Adidas Sambas with red and yellow stripes, then he grabs my hand and tugs me through the door. We run down staircases nearly tripping down them. As we launch ourselves into the car that is parked in front of the house, the media swarm us.
"We will not talk now fuck off!" Phoebe roars and we hop into the car and drive off. I smirk.
"What!?" snaps Phoebe, clearly annoyed.
"You never say anything to the press that swamp us." I remark. Sliding my clothes on.
"Well today is a different day. We are not going to be late for another interview. If it was a solo one I wouldn't be so sharp but we were late for the last Queen interview and the press started calling you an arrogant prick who has no time for others!"
"Did they?" I say. Phoebe nods.
"We have to be more careful then usual, Freddie. The press are taking a turn for the worst. We gotta be ready." He sighs. We don't utter another word for the rest of the trip.

"ACTION!" booms the director.
"Welcome back. What do you do when you haven't made an album in a year after your biggest tour yet and your in one of the greatest rock bands of this decade? Today we have people who are experiencing that right now, Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon from Queen." the anchor announces. I walk on closely followed by Brian. We all l take a seat on a deep lime green couch.
"Now we'll start with you Freddie. How does it feel to know that people are waiting for you to do another album. Considering you just did stadium sell-out gigs to promote your album, A Kind of Magic." the anchor stares intently at me.
"I haven't really thought about it because me and the guys are just spending a bit more time with our families and close friends. Aren't we allowed a bit of relax time? I hope we are." I scoff. There is an awkward silence before Deaky covers for me. You can always rely on Deaky to save your skin.
"Well we all have a family to go to after a tour or practice or something like that and like normal people we love to spend time with our family and friends once in a while. We haven't forgotten about our fans in no way, shape or form we just want a little think time so we can burst out the gates with a great album full of fresh ideas. Some people just think because we're rock stars we're not real people but that isn't the case."
"Well thank you, John." hesitates the anchor. He beams into the camera lens and says, "We will be back in a short break."
"CUT!" screams the director. Deaky and I stand up. The director storms towards us.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING, MERCURY!!!" bellows the director.
"Being natural like you told me over the phone." I say purposely trying to rub him up the wrong way.
"COME TO MY OFFICE AFTER THE SHOW, MERCURY! IS THAT CLEAR!?"
"I'll try and remember, darling." I smile sweetly. I then had a cup of water and sat back on the couch. As we came back on air the questions rolled in getting more personal. I answered a few of them. A lot of them were about the next album. I completely lost interest and started humming the words to The March of the Black Queen. This was until I was asked the most intriguing question.
"What drives you at this time and place?" questions the anchor. The rest of the guys thought carefully. I knew what to say. I clear my throat to indicate that I know.
"Yes, Freddie?" says the anchor.
"At the moment it is Montserrat Caballé."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I apologise for not being able to update frequently but I promise I will get better. Just a reminder not accurate. Hope you guys like it and please comment.