Chapter 2

"It's time my lady!" I heard a high pitch voice announce as they were walking threw my door.
"Five more minutes," I mumbles throwing a pillow ontop of my head. I stayed up all night thinking about the King and how i've accomplished nothing. I wasn't in the mood for a day of playing dressup.
"Nonsense," replied the maiden tugging the blanket off me, "The King is waiting." I rolled my eyes sitting up.
"Tell my father I have fallen ill this morning," I yawned rubbing my face. I hate loosing sleep.
"It's not your father that is the king in waiting," she replied , "The Style's party arrived this morning."
"That Style's Party?!" I gasped now sitting straight up, "I thought they wouldn't be here till later tonight!"
The maiden awkwardly shifted her weight not knowing what to reply with to my reaction. Normally I would send her away so that I could gather my thoughts, but now was not the time.
"How long has he been waiting?" I asked sliding out of bed and walking to my vanity.
"He just arrived at breakfast along with his sister I believed," she smiled nervously while following behind me. I quickly sat down to start getting ready.
"Have you seen him?" I asked curiously as she began combing my hair. She shook her head softly, "The table was preset by the kitchen staff. Only guards are allowed in the room at the moment, so me nor any of the maidens have seen him."
I bit my lip aggravated at the stress I was under. I had planned my last day before meeting the King as today, in which I would sit in my study and write down the million of things to worry about. Now? Now they are all stuck in my head crashing down on me at once.
"Do you think he is like everyone says?" I asked looking up at her threw the mirror. I know I shouldn't, but right now the last thing I need is to be talking to myself.
"I don't know," she replied a little nervously, "I don't like to form opinions of people before I have met them." I sighed almost relieved at her answer but yet frustrated at the same time. Couldn't she of said he was a terrible person and I should hide somewhere before he finds me?
"You are right," I muttered fiddling with the clips laying on my table, "I'm just stressed I suppose." She smile warmly at me in the mirror before walking over to my closet and helping me change my dress.
  "Do you know who will be accompanying me to the East?" I asked as she tied up the back bodice. If anyone would know, it would be the gossiping maidens.
  "I only know that I am going," she answered as she finished tying my dress, "But I could bring you the list of others this evening if you wanted?"
  I nodded quickly hopping that she wouldn't notice my hands shaking. I was moments away from finally meeting the man I was suppose to marry, I couldn't afford to be nervous.
  "I suppose this means I'm ready," I smiled politely as the maiden finished ruffling my dress. She nodded and turned around to gather up her things. I turned looking in the mirror one last time. I had chosen a lilac colored dress with gold detailing around the trim, it was simple yet elegant. I didn't want the king thinking that I was trying too hard. My hair was in loose curls from the night before along with my front pieces pinned back. I smiled to myself happy with how I looked.
  "Are you ready Princess?" questioned the maiden now waiting for me at the door.
  "I'll be there in a minute," I answered not looking away from my reflection. She nodded politely before stepping out the door and down the hall.
  I sighed, thankful to be alone. I needed a second to prepare not just physically, but also mentally. Today isn't something I can afford to mess up by staying in my head. My kingdom's fate relies on me and this marriage. My people's future is on my shoulders.
  "Talk about pressure," I mumbles opening my jewelry box. I smiled to myself running my fingers over my collection of rings. Mother left them to me after she passed, and I found comfort when wearing them. It was almost like she was still with me. 
  I grabbed my favorite one. Her engagement ring. It had a light blue diamond in the middle with gold vine silhouettes framing it along the sides. It was so simply yet so mesmerizing.
  "Today is the day mother," I said sliding the ring onto my finger. I wish she was here to guide me threw an arrange marriage like her mother had done for her and so on. "I won't let you down," I whispered to myself stepping out the door. I shut the door quietly behind me, nodding at the guards as I walked away. If he is here already, does that mean I will leave tonight? I shook my head. I couldn't leave just yet, I wasn't ready too. Of course I could have a bag packed in an hour and be dressed for a carriage ride, but would I cry the whole way there? Probably.
  "Nervous?" I heard a familiar voice ask behind me. I whipped around quickly only to be met with Dante laughing to himself. I let out a sigh of relief.
"Oh it's just you," I laughed glad to see my familiar friend. If anyone could make me feel at ease, it was Dante.
"How did I know the Princess would be late this morning?" He smiled now walking with me. I shrugged.
"A princess can never be late," I grinned knowing that was the reply he was looking for. He laughed shaking his. I had to smile. Dante knew I'd be nervous this morning, which means he has probably been waiting now the halls since before I was awake.
"You are a wise one Princess," he replied as we approached the door. I laughed softly to myself, now getting nervous again. Before I could go threw the door, I felt a hand rest a hand on my shoulder.
"Just be yourself Neera," I heard him whisper behind me.
"You have my back, right?" I asked still nervous.
"Always." he smiled before opening the door and pushing me threw.