Chapter One

The former Lord Hordak, leader of the Beast Island clean-up crew, emerged from a jungle of vines, treading carefully to avoid tripping over the roots that continued to jut from the ground. He was clad in his usual armour (which Entrapta had salvaged from one of Prime's labs) and his old tunic, which still bore the now-defunct Horde's logo. He had been living on the island for quite some time now and was quite familiar with every inch of it.

 He had been living on the island for quite some time now and was quite familiar with every inch of it

It was good to no longer have to wear his signal-blocking headgear. The clean-up crew had been merciless with extracting and deactivating abandoned technology, yet had tried to avoid disturbing the natural foliage as much as possible. Without the signal, the vines were rendered pretty much harmless, if one was careful enough to avoid stumbling over them. With his fragile body, Hordak couldn't take any chances. The jungle was still darkened by the dense canopy of glowing plants, but all in all, it looked a lot more safe and inviting.

Once he was outside the canopy, the faint sunlight suddenly splashed over him. He spotted Lonnie, Rogelio and Kyle on his left hand side, who were sitting on the shore of Beast Island, picking up stones and casting them into the water. They sometimes watched them skip several times, before landing in a patch of water previously inhabited by three towering flat pieces of First Ones tech. Now that there was no more interference, they could hear the waves softly roll back and forth, and there was the scent of salt in the air, no longer masked by the foul smell of whatever unspeakable substances the First Ones allowed to pollute the surrounding waters. The sun was starting to set and the three former Horde soldiers were pretty tired after a full day of working hard to make Beast Island safe, once and for all.

 The sun was starting to set and the three former Horde soldiers were pretty tired after a full day of working hard to make Beast Island safe, once and for all

They weren't the only people sat on the beach. Hundreds of former Horde soldiers and clones were milling about the island today, with there being little for them to do now. On the other side of the beach was sat Octavia, the ex Horde Force Captain, who was chatting with some of her former underlings. Many tents were set up on the thin strip of sand that skirted the island, outside of the once dangerous jungle, where most of the clean-up crew slept by night.

On the shore was parked a sailboat, carrying the last few bits of First Ones junk that had been extracted from the island, ready to be shipped to Crypto Castle for storage and testing.