Chapter 2

"I have an idea..." Abby says slyly. 

"Oh, Lord. I am scared" I laugh back. Abby hangs up before she answers my comment. The fuck? I roll my eyes because of how common her random hang ups are.  I open my phone and type up a quick reply to Jack with a simple mirror picture in the background. 

ME: good for you to finish your hw early haha. 

I remember seeing his snap location being in my area so I made sure to put my location at the bottom of my picture, NASHVILLE. I click send and walk around my room distracting myself. I still can't believe we got sent home so early again. Plopping down onto my couch upstairs I turn on netflix. My phone lights up with a notification from him. He's responding pretty fast.

Jack: Hey i live in nash too. we should chill sometime.

I stare at his message for way too long, triple checking that I read it correctly. He wants to hang out? He probably just wants to get in my pants...  LOL 

Before I get the chance to answer I hear the FaceTime ringtone on my laptop. I glance up at the time, 7:02 pm. I quickly run over to my laptop and press answer, to be greeted by Abby and Meg already bickering about random shit. They didn't notice I joined until I said 

"He asked to hang out"

Almost immediately their conversation stops and they wait for me to continue. I shrug in response and Meg adds 

"Well bitch did you answer or??" 

"No he asked right when y'all called me.. what do I say?" I ask while glancing down at his read message that was waiting to be answered. 

"Tell him you want to suck his--" 

"ABBY!" Meg interrupts Abby's comment before she finishes it. I roll my eyes and laugh a little In response. Abby simply shrugs in response. "Just say 'okay when' or something like that"

I nod, quickly type up that exact response and hit send. I immediately feel a little tingle in my belly as I see him open my message. I shake my head, we are not catching feelings already. He Is a grade A f-boy. Apparently my head shake was a little more obvious than I had hoped because the girls immediately burst into a million questions. 

I disregard them all and answer with a simple "abby what was your idea?" She shoots me an evil grin.

"Just make him fall in love with you dude." Abby finally says. Meg and I simply just stare at her. "No i'm serious.  That would be a power move for sure. You being able to turn an absolute f-boy into a boyfriend. Plus yall would be so hot together. Power move and power couple. For sure." 

"You know... she's not wrong." Meg adds.

"You guys are crazy. I cannot make Nathaniel Jackson fall out of his hoe phase." 

"Dude why not. You're hot. You're smart. You get hella boys, you just reject them all. We know you think he's hot sooooo why not. Plus he's already talking to you, that would've been the hardest part." Abby defends

"No the hardest part would be him falling in love with me. oh my gosh." I laugh. My phone lights up and I glance at it, noticing a notification from him. "Speak of the devil" I mumble. 

"Open it you whore" Meg laughs. 

"That's fucking rude" I smile in response knowing she doesn't mean it. Tap on his message, It was a mirror picture in response that read 

Him: what are you doing tonight? 

"he asked what I was doing tonight??" I glance back at the clock. 7:20pm. "I can't hang with him tonight it's already 7!" 

"You act like you don't stay up till 3 sometimes." Meg sighs "But I agree don't hang with him tonight, play a little hard to get" Abby nods as Meg answers.

"Lee, say like you can't hang tonight but are free tomorrow to hang" Abby adds, I agree and type that out, which he reads immediately. Before I can even tell the girls he read my message he answers me. 

Him: who said I was asking to hang tonight?

My heart dropped immediately when I read that, I reread the message out loud to the girls and their facial expressions match mine. Disbelief. 

"What the fu-" Abby starts to say before I stop her due to him double texting me.

Him: Haha I am just playin. Yeah tomorrow is fine. What do you wanna do?

I lightly chuckle as my heart rate goes back to normal and read the message to the girls, who have the same reaction. 

"That was kinda douchey." Abby says blatantly. "answer him and say 'you'" 

I shake my head as Meg laughs at Abby's sexual comment. I answer with a simple I don't care, I want him to figure something out for us to do. For the next half hour the girls and I discuss various topics, mainly revolving around school, boys, and missing each other. At about 8pm we hung up the call and I find myself in the kitchen scavenging for a quick snack, when I get another notification. 

Him: Ah being difficult for me. okay I will figure something out. How does 1 sound?

I think for a second before answering with a "Let me check my schedule." Which was only partially a joke because I do have school work to do. 

Him: I'll pick you up at 1. Look good.

I roll my eyes at his comment and respond with "I always do" in which he answers with 

Him: I know you do ;) 

With a deep breath I grab a bag of chips and head back upstairs to return to my netflix. Oh boy. Here we go.