Chapter 3

"Okay but like.... do I shave everything or just my legs" glancing down at the phone watching Meg think for a second. 

"I mean... do you think you'd get with him on the first hang out? All power to you but is that what you want?" Meg pushes. She always seems to know exactly the way I'm feeling about something. Kinda spooky.

"Yea you're right." Glancing up at the clock to check the time I get a notification on my phone.

"Oh tell me that's him!! It's got to be him!!" I squint my eyes down at the notification as Meg gushes in the background. Ugh, I have to put my contacts in I can't see shit. 

"It is just Abs, shes saying make sure I look hot." Meg laughs in response, "I gotta go he should be here in an hour" 

We say our goodbyes and hang up. Sitting on my tub while the shower warms up, I decide to stalk through his Instagram again. I ended up getting pretty far back when the thing everyone dreads happened. I liked his picture from 2019. TWO YEARS AGO. Instant panic. I quickly unlike the pic, and throw my phone into my room. HOLY SHIT. I didn't just fucking do that. Almost immediately I hear my phone chime. I just know it's Jack calling me out. I just KNOW it. My heart races as I slowly make my way to my phone. Lord. Please. Please. Don't let him see that. 

I turn my phone over.

Snapchat: Jack 

"OH FUCK ME" I yell out. This is the WORST. My hands start to sweat as I open up his snap

Jack: No need to stalk if you'll see me in a few ;) 

I practically felt like throwing up. How do I play this off?? Blame it on my mom?? no.... admit It?? fuck this. I'm not going. I'm just going to block him. Hah. Fuck.

I snap a quick pic of my face and type out "you caught me" and sent it. Shaking my head I walk back into the bathroom and hop into the shower. 

12:55pm 

My leg bounces up and down as I sit at the edge of my bed. I've been here for the past 5 minutes. Waiting until 1. What are we going to do? Am I dressed okay? Is he going to try to get with me??? Thoughts swirl through my head, only to be snapped out of my trans when I hear my phone go off. I glance over at the screen, it's from Jack. I quickly open the message.

Jack: I'm here let's go mf 

Mf? That's kinda aggressive. I reply with an "I'm omw bitch" If he's aggressive, I'm aggressive.

Taking one last glance at myself in the mirror, I adjust my jean shorts and walk outside. Of course, he drives a jeep. What else would he drive? I try opening the door but it wouldn't open up. Fuck that's embarrassing its locked. I stood there awkwardly for what felt like ages waiting for him to unlock the car door. The door clicks and I'm able to hop inside.

"Are you trying to lock me out?" I ask sarcastically while giving him a joking glare. He grins an adorable toothy grin and nods enthusiastically making his blonde curly-ish hair bounce. Careful not to stare too long, I roll my eyes and glance down at the dashboard. "So where are we going? I wasn't sure what to wear...." 

His brown eyes trail down from mine onto my outfit. Slowly he takes everything in, suddenly I was really self-conscious about my outfit. I had only put on some Levi shorts, a white cropped tank top, and some white Nike shoes. WIth jewelry of course.Oh god... That made me nervous. I shift in my seat and raise my eyebrows waiting for him to answer. He simply bites his lip, looks back up, and pulls out of my driveway. "You look good."

Immediately my stomach flutters, I forgot how nice his voice is. "I know but where are we going??" I question further. All he does in response is to glance back over at me and smirk. 

"Can I put my hand on your thigh?" He asks, I glance over at him in confusion. Did he just ask for permission?? That's hot wtf. 

"Uh- Y- Yeah that's fine" I sputter out. Studdering? What the fuck? Get your shit together. He reaches his hand over the middle console and places it on my thigh. I look up at him as he leans back into his seat, seemingly calm, but his slightly shaky hand says differently. 

"Play some music," Jack says and hands me his unlocked phone. "Go on Spotify" 

Let's see how many girls snap him in the span of me picking music. I scroll until I find his Spotify,  pull up my own profile, pick my playlist, then hand his phone back. A few. He looked at me questionably and then says "We're almost there" 

Scrunching my eyebrows I look around to see if I had recognized anything. With no luck I looked back at him, he was biting his lip and nodding his head to the music. The car takes a right then a left, and he pulls into a parking lot. He squeezes my thigh and pulls into a parking spot.

What the fuck?