[ Prologue // 00 ]

"You got this, alright?"

He gave a raw chuckle. "Yeah, it's only the 100th time you've said that, Niki."

I couldn't believe this would be my last encounter with my brother for the next weeks, months, or maybe even a year. I had helped him prepare and train, but I wish I could do more and go with him. I was going to, but my dumbass fractured my ankle a week ago.

"Don't you dare die out there."

"Please Niki, I'll be okay. Tell Eret I'll miss him," he said calmly. Eret couldn't come because she was a very important supplier for their small town. If he left, the entire town would be at risk of hunger or even famine. 

I sighed in defeat, adjusting his collar and sweeping aside his discolored blonde hair. I knew confidence didn't come from anywhere. He had been trained for 6 years now in the Hypixel academy. Besides, Eret didn't sacrifice their reputation for nothing. She left the government in an effort to finally get someone who could take it down. Yet the city tainted him the villain, forcing the kingdom to turn against an otherwise good-hearted man. God how euphoric I will be to finally witness the SMP's end.

"I believe in you. Please come back as soon as you can. A young hero like you is just what the kingdom needs."

He was extremely young, only 14. He was so strong, so brave. Even his own sibling couldn't hold her own. Haha. But there was nobody else who seemingly was eligible to take his place. After all, the only rebels we knew of were our age. I was scared that he would die on his journey. It wasn't a distant possibility. It was a painful reality, that I may never see my little brother again. I tried to tell him he didn't have to. But he was so persistent. That boy was so brave, so selfless. So heroic. I knew he would amount to something great in the future. He managed to be strong in a place and time when no one else was.

I pulled him into a tight hug. We stayed there in comfortable silence. I'll miss him. But I was hopeful. I knew he would come back eventually, given enough time. He wasn't the type of kid to just... die. He couldn't die. Not when we all depended on him. He will make a difference, I could count on that. I waved goodbye, tears blurring my vision as he left and I began to patiently await for his arrival.

.

It never came.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

425 words.

Chapter is short because it's a prologue. Also if it wasn't clear, this is Niki's perspective!

Try and guess who the 14 year old is in this!!! I won't confirm if someone guesses it, but this person is 2 years younger than Niki, and is whitelisted on the Dream SMP. those are all the hints I'm giving!

I'm actually really excited for this story!!! so yeah!!!!!

1/12/2021