Truth

This contains: angst? kinda scary content ig IDK 🙄

I grasped the device in my hand, my body shaking. Hisoka covered my forehead with his hand, trying to stop the blood. "Dad..." I whispered, my voice trembling. I heard a click from the device, and my father spoke again. "It's time you learned the truth, Y/N." I gasped slightly. "The truth...?" I mumbled. I looked up at Hisoka. His face was pure shock and concern. He took his hand off my forehead and ran to the bathroom, coming back with a bandage. I sensed his emotions swirling around his body as he slowly wrapped the bandage over my wound. His eyes showed concern. His body showed fear.

I glanced back down to the device. No voice was coming out. I grasped it hard, and threw it towards the wall, a cracking noise heard as it crumbled to the floor. I burst into tears as I curled up, face into the sheets. Hisoka gave me a hug. "It's... going to be okay, Y/N..." Hisoka purred. He seemed awkward, like he had never had to do this before. My body shuddered as I heard a knock on my apartment door. I gasped loudly. Hisoka perked up and slowly approached the door. He slowly turned the handle.

"You must be Hisoka," A voice emerged. "Yes, and you must be... 'dad'," Hisoka replied, with a stern tone. I shut my eyes tightly as I heard two pairs of footsteps come closer. I looked up reluctantly. There stood my father.

My father was a very intimidating man. He was tall, around 6'3". He wasn't muscular, but toned. He was pale skinned and had long, dark gray-blackish hair. He had dark maroon eyes, and wore red clothes to match. He stood above me with his arms crossed.

"Y/N, I've dreaded this day... the day you'd betray me. Your own father..." He sighed, pulling a chair to sit on. Hisoka sat on the bed next to me, wrapping his arm around me for comfort. "You've had that implant since you were born. Your mother didn't die after giving birth to you. I... killed her." I let out a gasp as my body trembled.

My whole life was a lie.

"I didn't need her anymore, I had you. I trained you to grow up and be a good hunter. When you were a child I fed you nen-infused nutrients to increase your abilities. These nutrients are highly illegal... because they're known to make the body decay under heavy nen use. This is why I forced you to use your nen so much. I wanted you to be the first person to become immune to these substances."

I've been nothing but a test subject these eighteen years. I haven't been training to make my dad proud, I've been training to make him rich, haven't I?

"Y/N, you need to come back home. You're clearly not fit to be a hunter. You need a new mind-transcripter, you need more discipline, you n-"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"No. I will not be your plaything anymore."

"Y/N Severedon."

"Don't call me that. I don't want to be associated with you anymore."

Hisoka turned his head to look at me. I looked back at him. Our eyes locked. I could see the compassion in his eyes. I could sense that he'd never felt this way before. "I want to be... Y/N Morow."