Sixteen

MOMO POV

     I don't know if it's just me, but Yuroro seems to be everywhere I go; it's weird, okay maybe not everyday, but a lot, whenever I'm walking down the halls, she's just there, either with people or not, and gives me this weird stare. I don't blame her; I broke Jirou's heart, but it's getting just a smidge weird. The school is at lunch now and I'm with the Bakusquad and I'm telling them about it. We've been getting closer over the weeks and we all seem to notice that Jirou seems to get farther away from them, but she always looks at the table as if she misses it; was it not her choice to sit over there?

     I look back and see Bakugo actually growling and Kirishima is cautiously tries to rub his back, which might be working, but no one actually knows. I see Kirishima and Sero and huddling together on the opposite end of them looking scared. I roll my eyes. I've been getting comfortable around these guys and always playfully argue with them. 

      "Bakugo why are you so mad?" I ask tilting my head. Bakugo's head snaps to me. Uh oh.

      "Well I don't know Pony Tail one of our friends has abandoned us ever since that Cat Girl over there took her away from all of us!" He tried his best to keep it down (for some odd reason). I tilted my head confused at what he meant at the end, but he's just being overdramatic right now. 

      We finish eating in silence except for Bakugo's muttering (doesn't he get mad at Izuku for that?) and it's as if he's surrounded my flames and Kirishima is still trying to calm him down. They're so cute together.  I mean, they've never said anything about being together but I think it's obvious so unless they tell me otherwise I'm believing it! 

     I look over where Jirou is... And it's as if every day there's a new thing I find beautiful about her; I know it's absurd to wish for this, but I want a second chance with her, as friends I mean. Her and Yuroro are happy together and I don't want to take that away from her. I've put her through enough already. 

     And there it is again, Yuroro is glaring at me but with her 'feline' eyes. I raise my hands up in surrender and go back to focusing on the table I'm at. And they all are staring either at me or Yuroro, giving confused expressions. I shrug at them when they all look at me for an answer, "I honestly don't know what the hell is going on," I tell them. And they all look shocked that I used the word 'hell' and I would have been too maybe a while ago, but Bakugo has been rubbing off on me, but I'm yet to say anything worse than that... out loud. 

     Lunch is over and we head to class. I'm not exactly in a hurry and the boys left a mess at the table so I pick everything up and throw them away before heading to class. I'm going down the hall where my class is embedded in and I see two figures, Jirou and Yuroro. Yuroro is hovering above Jirou while she has one hand on the wall beside Jirou's head. I looks like Yuroro is whispering things, what they were? I couldn't tell I was too far down the hall to hear anything, and I don't think I wanna know either. So I stand up straight and... I walk as fast as I can by them and don't look back. 

     I get in the class and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and just stare down at my desk until Aizawa-sensei started lecturing us. I didn't really hear what Aizawa was saying but I just wrote down whatever was on the board and I didn't try and knock out of it because I could just read what was written down and understand it after school was done for the day (lucky bi***). I kept sneaking peeks at Jirou and she would either be holding her head in her hands blushing or she would be looking at the board actually writing down things down. 

     Aizawa gives us a five minute break and I go to the bathroom and when I get out the door, I see Yuroro further down the hall and she's now glaring at me, I hope she doesn't try and communicate with me in any way shape or form (other than the glaring) when I try and get to the bathroom past her. I start my quest and tread slowly and carefully while avoiding the gaze of the panther girl. I walk past, but before I can breathe, she tells me in a low and very scary voice. 

     "Stop right there Heartbreaker," Ugh, why use that as a nickname. I turn around to face a very pissed (more than usual) Yuroro. 

     "I'm sorry for whatever I did to offend you, I'll beg for forgiveness or whatever you want me to do, but could you please stop glaring at me everywhere?" I say in one breath. She doesn't seem amused in the least. Instead, she let out a low growl and pinned me against the wall. Even though I was taller she was still hella scary. 

     "You. Need to stop. Looking. At my girl." She said with her fangs starting to show too. I start to stutter.

     "W-what-t me loo-ooking at your g-g-girl? I just hap-p-pen to see her whenever-r I tur-rn my head?" I tell her. I don't know how it's possible, but she looked even angrier than before. I put my hands up in surrender.

     "Okay I'm sorry! I just can't help myself you should know yourself! I know I have no chance with her so all I have left is to see that she's happy with you!!! I can't promise to stop looking at her, but I can guarantee I'll look at her less." I say trying to reason. She didn't seem to get upset at that, in fact, she seemed to have calmed down a little bit.

      "Hmph, at least you know your place Heartbreaker." She told me crossing her arms and walking away. I was stunned at what just happened and realized I should get hurry up and use the bathroom. 

     I think I needed it more because of that encounter. 

A/N: Hey my peeps (if there's any left)  this was shorter than I wanted it to be I had the longest and worst writer's block I've had (I think?) and I hope I can get a chapter to you sooner than I did with this one, but stuff's happening and I hope you can understand that, but I am going to try. 

Thank you for your time

-Me