Chapter 6

Jill's POV*:
I'm sitting up in bed and Dave wakes up holding me in his arms. I can't wait for it to be morning. Ever since the Arklay accident I knew I wanted to take down Umbrella. I mean there was every type of ungodly creature. I was lost but luckily I had Dave. I had him then and I have him now. He means the world to me and I'll be damned if Claire tries to ruin it. Speaking of the devil, I haven't seen or heard from her in a few days. That's good for me. The less I have to worry about her, the more I can relax and not be on-edge.

The sun rises..

Jill's POV*:
I look at Dave and smile, "It's morning babe. What's for breakfast?" I smile and lay my head on his shoulder. 'Let's hope that today is a good day.' I say to myself. I get up from our bed and walk to the kitchen and Dave gets dressed. I should probably get dressed but after breakfast. I walk over to the table and sit with my coffee and eggs. Dave comes over and sits down. He has his coffee and eggs. He looks at me and smiles. "Hey, I told you I'd keep my promise and whenever you are ready we can start coming up with a plan." I smiled and hugged him. This meant so much to me. I get to take down Umbrella with the love of my life. We were both suspended and told to stay in our home but, we weren't going to take it laying down (pause). Now nearly years later are we re-opening the investigation.

Dave's POV*:
When I saw Jill smile it made me happy. I like it when she's happy. Now, I have a surprise for her within the year but how long can it wait? Jill and I were at the desk and board with all our notes. All of a sudden people are screaming and running around outside. "Its probably just the neighbors' kids." Jill says rubbing my back. "Let's just try to stay focused okay babe." Jill said kissing my cheek. I get back to the task at hand and look over our notes. Jill takes the pictures and pins them to the board.

A few minutes later..
Carlos' POV*:
I'm at my house and I try to call Jill and Dave. There was no answer so I'll try again later. I start to get worried since one of them usually call me back.

An hour later..
Carlos' POV*:
My phone rings and I look to see who it is. It was Jill so I answered. 'Hi Jill and Dave, I tried calling you earlier to see how you were doing. So how are things?' Jill responds 'Things are going alright. Dave and I are having time together right now..' I chuckled and said 'When do you two not have time together?' Jill laughed. 'So how's Dave?' I asked. Jill said 'He's well. Him and I are planning how to take down Umbrella.' I stayed silent for a minute. 'Everything alright?' Jill asked. 'Yes, everything is alright. I'm coming over.' I hung up and started to get ready. It's early morning so I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I stopped by. The only thing on my mind was Dave's friend Karla. She was beautiful and amazing. I need to get to know her more. Maybe we could be something.. I finished getting ready and I walk to my car. I get in and it is already hot inside. I roll down the windows and start driving. I drive slowly since there are other cars on the road. Parents dropping their kids off at school or daycare, others going to work. Thank god Dave and Jill's house isn't that far away. Yeah, I could have walked but, there not exactly close. They lived in downtown Raccoon City. I got there after a fifteen minute ride and parked in their driveway. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Jill came over and opened the door. "Hey Carlos, come in. We just finished breakfast not that long ago." I nodded and sat on their couch. "Jill, can I talk to Dave alone for a minute or two?" Jill smiles and says "Sure you can. I'll be at the desk babe." She kisses Dave and then goes into the other room. I look at Dave, "You're one lucky man. Anyways, to the point at hand. I need you to set up a meeting for Karla and I. And you can't let Jill know the truth about me." Dave nods and says, "I'll see what I can do about you and Karla. She's a busy woman after all." I thank him and walk with him into the room Jill was in.

Jill's POV*:
I see Dave and Carlos walk in and I grab two chairs. "Babe, come sit next to me, I want to show you something I think we could do." Dave walks over and sits next to me. "So with what we have, we can start to investigate some more.."