STAGES

STAGES━━MARK SLOAN

Some days I feel like sobbing
because I cannot believe this life is real
That I get to experience it firsthand

Other days I feel nothing I hide myself away
and try to recall what it is like
to smell wildflowers and float through a moment without remembering everything
that is at war inside of me

real things, madisen kuhn

One way or another she would go up in flames.

The fragile girl cradled in cotton and sweet nothings wanted nothing more than to feel heat against her skin and hear the ugly truths that only the fire knew.

Sugarcoating fried her insides and made her ache for the type of freedom that destroyed a person. The type of freedom that would drive a person to crush themselves. But maybe she needed the lies.

Maybe the lies padded her, maybe they held her organs stable while the rest of her fell apart. Maybe they would protect her from everything she wasn't ready for.

Maybe.

Infection implanted itself under her skin fighting its way to the surface, tearing through neurons. The curiosity the girl hated so much would tear her apart. She let it take hold of her, wrap itself around her bones, muscles, nerves—until her only option was to give in. It would pierce its double-edged sword through her abdomen and give a harsh release—leaving her with nothing but a heavy heart and memories (and a gaping hole where she used to feel.)

After all, everyone says not to play with fire.

He lit the match.

He watched her burst into flames that took hold of her limbs, watched as they tore every piece of her apart taking all her light—until she was nothing but a dark empty vessel.

It wasn't meant to happen, this was never never never (never never never never never never never) meant to happen—any of it.

All of it was an accident, believe it or not.

Apologies wouldn't be enough to forgive this—maybe nothing would be enough. Words bled off his tongue but she heard nothing but the emptying of his veins as he bled out in front of her.

Forgiveness was a harsh truth.

It meant accepting. It meant moving on. It meant letting the same person who burned you apart try and heal your wounds. It meant trust.

It was such a dangerous thing, it meant walking on a tightrope with no harness and praying to God you didn't fall.

Maeve was never good at forgiveness, it meant too much. It meant things she couldn't give. But people change, right? Forgiveness for a person who was no longer the same one who hurt you?

Maybe.

FEATURING!

gemma chan,  MAEVE CAI

gemma chan, MAEVE CAI

eric dane, MARK SLOAN
louriza tronco, LANI SIAN
lauren german, MEREDITH GREY

the rest of grey's anatomy characters played by their respective cast

YOU FOUND PART
OF ME I DIDN'T KNOW
EXISTED, AND IN YOU
I FOUND A LOVE I NO LONGER
BELIEVED WAS REAL

this book contains mature themes, sexual/suggestive language, strong language, etc.
i don't any grey's anatomy or any characters associated with it, only my original characters and original plot lines

authors note
actually going to write it this time. i mean it. i'm determined now, far too much to give up again. 

ps, i <3 maeve

started april 12, 2024
ended                     tbd
currently in progress

__________