A visit to the hospital

Days passed by and both of them became very good friends. They were together all the time, and when they weren't they would be thinking of each other. One day they were talking and Angelina blurted, "I fear dying because even though I know it's close, I am scared that everyone will forget me. That's why I don't talk to people a lot. If people wouldn't know me, they wouldn't forget me. I just wish that the people who I am close to don't do so. I feel prepared to leave the World but I can't shake off the dreadful feeling whenever I think about it. I don't like talking about it, it makes me feel vulnerable and cancer is enough to make me feel weak I can't face other insecurities."

"Hey, no one can ever be prepared for dying no matter how strong they are. And don't you ever think that people will forget you. You are an amazing person and it would be impossible to forget you. I guarantee you that you will be well remembered and you will see the proof. You will be watching over us, being the brightest star in the sky." Vanessa soothingly replied with a shrug.

A few days later, Vanessa honked in front of Angelina's house, as she usually did but no one came out. She went to ring the doorbell but no one answered so she decided calling her. Her mother answered, "Hi Vanessa, I uh.. forgot to inform you... Angelina...she is in the hospital. " They talked for a while, Angelina's mother gave her the directions and Vanessa drove to the hospital.

"What happened to her? " Vanessa asked as she met her parents.

"She wasn't feeling well. She is better now." Her mother answered.

"Can I see her?" She asked.

"Yes." She answered and led her to her room. Angelina was just lying with her eyes open, gazing at the ceiling.

"Hey." Vanessa said softly.

"Hi. Mom can you give us some time alone?" Angelina asked. Her mom nodded and left the room.

"I guess it's time. " Angelina said, with a small smile.

"Don't say it like that. You are going to be better."

"No I am not Vanessa. This is the end. I can feel it."

"Then...then stop feeling. " Vanessa said, her voice raised a bit, she was lost for words. "You can't lose hope. "

"Not possible. And it's not like anyone cares, no one knows me."

Vanessa was angry now, "Why do you think no one cares? People care! You can't think you are not important. There are people losing sleep over you, your parents are so frightened, I am frightened. There are people in this World trying to know you, trying to help you, but you shut them out. There are people who care, you are the one who doesn't! " she said and let the first tear fall from her face, and then she left.