You'll Be Okay

Dan's POV

I lay as still as I can as the nurse bursts my vein with a needle. My blood fills the syringe as my throat fills with sick once more, I use my free hand to cover my mouth; hoping nothing will come out. I shut my eyes as tight as I can before the vomit pours down my shirt, more tears fall down my face as soon as I catch eye contact with the nurse. She smiles at me then removes the needle and wipes my face. Another nurse appears to move me back onto the bed from the chair. I just want to see Chris again.

They push me into a private room where Chris is already sitting, he flashes me a smile but I can see that he has been crying. Instantly, he gets up and walks over to me;  I hold my hand out to him as a nurse inserts another needle into my right hand. I whimper as the skin is broken but Chris reassures me straight away

"Don't worry Danny, You'll be okay"

I smile back at him even though I know he doesn't believe it. The nurse inserts some morphine into my body which gives me an instant feeling of relief. My pain disappears to almost nothing although so does my vision. I can still hear Chris talking people. He sounds happy. Relieved. I concentrate more on my surroundings, trying my hardest to understand.

"There's nothing wrong" I hear someone say "I guess he just caught a bug. He'll be okay in a few days" I smile inside until I feel someone tear the needle from my arm; my eyes rip open.

"DANNY, YOU'RE OKAY" Chris shouts as he looks over at me. I smile back then glare at the blood pouring from my hand. It was instantly bandaged then I was sent home. A little girl, aged about 4, runs over to me just as I am walking through the entrance. She holds my good hand as I bend down to her

"Is it okay in there? Will they look after me?" She cries. I smile and nod but Chris bends down and begins talking to her before I have the chance to speak

"Yeah sweetheart, its fine in there. May I ask, who are you with?"

"Myself" she mutters

"Where are your family?"

"I don't have one" she cries. Chris picks up the brunette little girl and carries her to the front desk. I ask

"Excuse me, who is this girl and who is she with?"

"She's on her own, she was picked up off the streets unconscious a few weeks ago. She sits here everyday hoping someone will look after her" my head goes heavy as the lady is talking, I pull a chair over so I can still hear.

"Would you like us to take her to the children's home?" Chris asks

My throat fills once again, before I have the chance to tell anyone I have soaked the floor. An endless river comes from my mouth but is eventually prevented from hitting the floor by a doctor with a bucket. He sits me down and hands me a glass of water, I think he spoke to me but u was too busy watching Chris to notice. I throw up multiple times more before Christopher returns with the little girl and a booster seat. I am told to keep the bucket as we leave the hospital. Chris sits in the drivers seat with the little girl beside him as I lay alone in the back. Trying my hardest not to throw up and scare the child.

Love mcfly1D