chapter five.

you close your phone and head to a mirror.

you look in the mirror and try to put back all the baby hairs.

as you put some behide your ear ushijima walks into the room.

"breakfast is ready." he says with no emotion.

what a interesting guy. similar to tendou but different at the same time.

"alright ill be there."

you go and head to get your phone from the nightstand. and walk out the room.

you walk towards the kitchen where ushijima is sitting at.

you take a seat from the chair infront across from him.

"thank you for the meal." both of you say.

and start eating.

---------------------------
t i m e s k i p

you finish the meal and tell ushijima that you needed to go back to the cafe.

he excuses you and walks you out the door.

he waves goodbye and so do you.

now, where should you head to next...

'honestly i might head to another cafe me and tendou would always go to, wonder how it is right now.'

you go and find your destination.

'(fav cafe name) here i go.'

you head inside, as usual not much people come here at this time.

you ask the register what drink you'd like.

"i'd get a (fav drink) and a strawberry shortcake and that'll be all."

she nods and puts the drink into the ipad so employee's can make it.

~~~~~~~~~~

you head out the cafe and on your way to an arcade.

arcades had always been your thing since you were little.

and yet it never gets old.

there was an arcade 3 minutes away from here if you walk on foot.

and you start making your way towards the destination.

one thing you know for sure is that new games had entered the cafe. so you were excited to try them out.

'growing up i was introduced to video games by my dad. he'd play it so much by himself and it was time to get a gaming partner.

unfortunately my partners time was over. and now its time to protect my sibling from anything.

i still feel guilty for not protecting him enough. but well nothing i can do now.

yea ofc i gave up, hes dead because of me. but now, its dad's job protect him in the afterlife.'

you ended up infront of the arcade.

you walk inside and of course, it was loud. kids screaming, chatting, and video games.

you look for the super mario cart section.

you found it while looking through the whole arcade. and there was one machine left, the oldest one. no one really new how to play so it was kinda useless to them. but for you, it was like winning the lottery.

you slowly walk up to it. children and teenagers noticing you. some even lost their game because of you.

as you reached the machine, you put in a coin, and press play game.

a teenager from behind playing on his switch walks up to you.

this game was pretty challenging, but with practice it got easier and easier over the years.

the teen pokes you shoulder. "do you know what your doing? this game doesn't even have instructions."

"i know what im doing." you say while racing the bots.

"oh so you're a pro." the unknown teen says.

"mhm, played this as a kid, im glad theres still games here i recongnize." you say not taking your eye off the game.

"well its nice to meet you, im kozume kenma."