Chapter 4

It was early in the morning when everyone in the Nendo household woke up, Riki woke up early so he could take his cousins home and then walk them to school. Nendo Midori was awake to make the 5 kids breakfast as well as lunches to bring to school, the older woman refused to let Hikaru help with cooking.

Once they had all eaten and grabbed their respective lunches(and Riki got dressed), the 5 youth left the home and began their walk to the Nakayama household. It was a peaceful 10 minute walk in the crisp morning air, the two teenagers took the time to appreciate the quiet of the morning. When they arrived at the home and made their way inside, the four residents of the house went to their respective rooms and changed into the clothes they needed for the day.

After a long struggle of Riki running around trying to catch Hayate and finally doing so, they all left the home with their book bags in hand.

Hikaru's POV

I always enjoy walking my younger siblings to school, but I always enjoy it more when my cousin tags along for the journey. I don't know if I'd ever be as close to someone as I am with Riki, he's all the support I have at school. I have no friends to confide in and although my cousin is a complete idiot, he's the nicest person I've ever known other than Auntie Midori.

After dropping off Hisamitsu, Hanako, and Hayate at the elementary school, myself and Riki made our way to PK academy. We got there just in time for all of the other students to start flooding the hallways, we went to our own lockers and switched out our shoes then basically separated from each other completely.

I went straight to class in order to avoid listening to pointless gossip, but then the feeling of being watched came back. What makes me so interesting that people have to watch me?! I hate it! I don't want this attention. I thought while seating down in my seat, I just waited for the lesson to begin.

(Time skip to lunch)

I happily ate my lunch in the quiet classroom, there was no one else in the room. Nobody was watching me or asking me for the answers to the homework, it was just me all alone eating my delicious bento. But then it was ruined by little miss perfect strutting in with her annoying followers behind her, I just ignored them and continued to eat my food until it was gone.

When I finished eating and I put my stuff away, I stood up about to leave the classroom to leave Teruhashi and her minions to themselves. But I stopped when I saw Saiki open the door to the classroom and then almost immediately close it again, he stayed outside of the class away from Teruhashi. After my brief moment of confusion I finally left the room and saw Saiki standing by the other door, an irritated look on his face. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but I decided to see what was wrong.

"Hey, Saiki? Are you ok? You seem upset about something." I say while touching his shoulder lightly.

He has really fast reflexes, because the next thing I know I'm being pinned to a wall and he's looking at me like I killed someone. I must have scared him, he probably didn't realize that I was there.

"Oh. It's just you. And everything is fine for the most part. I just can't seem to avoid Teruhashi at all today, which is a pain." The pink haired boy said in annoyance.

I did the only thing I could think of to maybe make him feel better at that moment, I reached my hand up and pat his head gently, making sure to avoid his cute antenna hair clips. At first he was really tense about it, but he quickly relaxed into it and accepted the comfort. He let out a soft sigh through his nose, and leaned away from my hand.

"Thank you, I guess I needed that. Would you be willing to enter the room with me? Perhaps if she sees me with another person she'll hesitate." He suggested/asked, he seemed desperate almost.