Chapter 76

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʟᴀᴜʀʏɴ ᴡɪʟsᴏɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Pop lifted my veil as he dazed in my eyes, as we just stood there taking one another in.

"And now for the exchanging of the vows. Mr. Jackson you may begin." the priest said.

Pop took a deep breath as he held my hand and looked in my eyes, "Lauryn, Today, I promise to be your navigator and sidekick in all of life's adventures. I promise to be your best friend and your husband. I promise you myself completely. I can't put into words the amount of love I have for you. I find myself staring at you sometimes randomly just amazed by your beauty wondering how one person can possess so much beauty. Your beauty can be seen on the outside because your beauty from within emits outside of you. You're more than what I could have ever wanted for myself and dreamed for." he took another deep breath as I gave his hand a squeeze and smiled.

"You've changed me for the better and I give thanks for you coming into my life everyday. You possess so much love, patience and understanding for me and I appreciate you for sticking with me through everything. I knew from the moment I saw you that I had to have you and I made it my mission to love you properly after I made you my girlfriend...the second time. You complete me. You're the reason I get up everyday and want to do better, the sunshine on my worst days and even when you stress me out I know I wouldn't ever trade any of our moments for anything in the world. The light of my life, I promise to take care of you, support you, pick you up when you're down and stay by your side. I'd always put my life on the line for you babygirl and I love you more than me and life itself. I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you as long as I live. Your triumphs are mine and your down times are too because we are one, forever."

He turned around as his best man, Mike, as he gave him the wedding band and he slipped it on my ring finger then slip my engagement ring on top of it as I smiled.

I fanned my eyes once again so my tears wouldn't ruin my makeup but at this point I don't even care.

I always loved when he expressed how much he loves me but I can tell he took his time with this.

"Ms. Wilson, your vows?" the priest said as I nodded,

"Bashar, you are my every dream come true, and I can't wait for the reality that we will continue to build together in this journey called life. When I first met you I had no intentions of falling in love with you but at this point it's beyond love and beyond what I can ever explain. You are the Ying to my Yang, the Jay to my Bey, the peanut to my butter baby. I ask God everyday why he blessed me with such a loving, courageous, generous and leading man because I don't know what I ever did to deserve you. I love how beautiful you make me feel and how you always pick me up when I'm down, you've been here through so much and I hope that I am, what you are for me. You are my spine and my lifeline."